Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109 Party Line Check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382963)

11-21-2005 09:46 PM

$109 Party Line Check

Hey guys, can you tell me what you'd do in a situation like this one? UTG could have absolutely anything, as the blind was about to consume him, and Button was playing well. By the way, I was the BB for t150 - there was no small blind this hand.

Thanks,

BrassMofo

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1475)
BB (t1905)
UTG (t160)
MP (t4060)
Button (t2400)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> UTG is all-in t160, Button raises to t310</font>, Hero calls t160.

Flop: (t695) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

pineapple888 11-21-2005 09:57 PM

Re: $109 Party Line Check

I don't know. Check and hope to get a free card? Villain might go into check-down mode with shorty in there.

A push looks like a very obvious draw because this flop is so dry, and I can't see betting anything less than that with your stack size.

Which is why I'm not so thrilled with calling pre-flop. But I guess you were getting very good odds, so you had to.

11-21-2005 11:00 PM

Pineapple, thanks for the response...

Maybe this is so ridonkulously easy that nobody wants to answer. If that is in fact the case, go ahead and tell me. That's just as good as telling me what you'd do in the hand, as it gives me some direction (i.e., I'm playing over my head).

Thanks,
BM

pineapple888 11-22-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pineapple, thanks for the response...

Maybe this is so ridonkulously easy that nobody wants to answer. If that is in fact the case, go ahead and tell me. That's just as good as telling me what you'd do in the hand, as it gives me some direction (i.e., I'm playing over my head).

Thanks,
BM

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a tough spot. That's why I'm the only one who stuck his neck out. You'll get tons of responses on the easy ones [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bones 11-22-2005 04:09 PM

I probably check this. If villian has an overpair, you aren't getting him off of it, no matter what you bet. Take advantage of the "check it down" misconception that most players at all buyins have.

citanul 11-22-2005 04:11 PM

i think i usually push that ish, though the button's minraise preflop is pretty scary, no poker stove in front of me, because while wherever i go i take the monkey with me, not so much for pstove.