Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bubble hand... Party $11 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296844)

Raiser 07-20-2005 02:05 PM

Bubble hand... Party $11

Hey guys. Really trying to improve my bubble play. This kind of hand seems to come up a lot. I hadn't had any push opportunities and my stack is getting low. I'm happy to see the Ace here, but with 2 limpers I'm not sure what to do? I figured this was my best shot at the money and pushed hoping to double up against KQ or something similar. Is this an easy fold or should I be happy to have gotten an ace at this point and push?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB (t3320)</font>
UTG (t1080)
Button (t2960)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t640)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, Button calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t640 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1080</font>, UTG folds, Button folds.

Flop: (t2120) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2120) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2120) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2120

Raiser 07-20-2005 03:17 PM

Re: Bubble hand... Party $11

Shameless bump.

This one must be pretty boring for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately my bubble play is pretty bad right now so I was pretty torn on what to do in this spot.

Nicholasp27 07-20-2005 03:27 PM

my first instinct is to fold this

it's a decent hand, but there are already 2 limpers plus the big-stack is bb and he's looking at 1300 in the pot and he only has to call 540 for that

on the other hand, if u wait a hand, u push any 2 when everyone folds to u, but with your low stack (3xbb), you are almost certainly called, so you don't have much fe, so maybe a7d is the best for u to push with, since you don't have much time and u'll prolly have to go with a worse hand...i just don't like the callers, but pushing is prolly best here, as you are going to a showdown whenever u go in...

tho, if u fold, there is the chance that utg gets tangled up with bigger stacks and loses this hand, but that's small %, so likely won't make a difference

wiggs73 07-20-2005 03:28 PM

I think the push is fine. I suppose you could always try a stop and go... complete and push any flop. I don't think you have enough chips for this to really be effective though. Sometimes there isn't much you can do in a situation like this except to push and hope.

FrogMouth 07-20-2005 03:45 PM

Nothing wrong with that play, you got exactly what you wanted, HU. Unfortunatly with only 3xbb you have very little choice. This move is not what's keeping you out of the money. Do you often find yourself short stacked on the bubble? I would look earlier in the game to try and find opportuities that you missed for gaining chips. You may be calling/folding too much! Look over a few tournies, and try to find out where you start dropping below table average. See if you see any patterns, eg: early levels, mid levels... and wrok from there.

The damage is done when your such a short stack!

schwza 07-20-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you often find yourself short stacked on the bubble? I would look earlier in the game to try and find opportuities that you missed for gaining chips. You may be calling/folding too much! Look over a few tournies, and try to find out where you start dropping below table average. See if you see any patterns, eg: early levels, mid levels... and wrok from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah on that advice. of course you're going to be short on the bubble sometimes.

i'd say a key question is the likelihood that utg will call your push. if he does, then button will too, which is obviously bad for you.

based on available info, i like the push. you have a chance to be heads up with the best hand - hard to pass that up. i think pushing or folding are better than completing, with pushing as a pretty clear winner.

skierdude1000 07-20-2005 04:47 PM

pushing is perfect play, you have so much fold equity and you have a decent ace with like no chips left!

nice play

schwza 07-20-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have so much fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]

odds of stealing this pot = 0%

valenzuela 07-20-2005 04:59 PM

hahahahahaha..UTG limped..hahahahah..anyway pushing is ure only choice.

durron597 07-20-2005 05:00 PM

I think I would fold because UTG is such an idiot that he will probably bust himself.