Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   email I sent to absolute poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356145)

aaronbeen 10-12-2005 02:02 PM

email I sent to absolute poker

Both my requests for hand histories today have yielded only results from september. I played multiple tables for several hours today. I have had problems with hand histories in the past and you have never been able to solve these problems to my satisfaction. The problems with your hand history system are a major reason why I do the majority of my play (15k+ hands per month) on other sites. Another reason is that you only allow three tables to be open at a time. There are a lot of players right now looking for a new site to play on because the split between party poker and empire/eurobet. If you got your act together and stored hand histories locally and allowed players to join as many tables as they desire (or at least four!) your site could become a major player in the poker market. Without decent software, I suspect you will continue with the mediocre market share that you currently have. Have a nice day,
Aaron Been

Zetack 10-12-2005 02:10 PM

Re: email I sent to absolute poker

[ QUOTE ]
Both my requests for hand histories today have yielded only results from september. I played multiple tables for several hours today. I have had problems with hand histories in the past and you have never been able to solve these problems to my satisfaction. The problems with your hand history system are a major reason why I do the majority of my play (15k+ hands per month) on other sites. Another reason is that you only allow three tables to be open at a time. There are a lot of players right now looking for a new site to play on because the split between party poker and empire/eurobet. If you got your act together and stored hand histories locally and allowed players to join as many tables as they desire (or at least four!) your site could become a major player in the poker market. Without decent software, I suspect you will continue with the mediocre market share that you currently have. Have a nice day,
Aaron Been

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...are you legally mentally deficient? Or is this a joke that's just too subtle for a moran like me to understand?

Look in Progam Files\Absolute Poker\HandHistory\[your user name]

It not as if they didn't say that's what they were doing with the new update.

--Zetack

silencio 10-12-2005 02:41 PM

I only joined absolute yesterday. I don't get why people are whining about their software, I think it is pretty good. And 12k+ on peak hours are pretty good numbers.

I am actually playing right now ,14:30ET , and have a 30% VP$IP table (zetack, you are bringing down my average) which is not party but nuch better than what I've seen yesterday on the skins.

aaronbeen 10-12-2005 02:48 PM

No, I am the moran here. If it's any excuse I haven't played on Absolute in a long time. My roommate or a friend must have updated my client because I haven't touched it but I did notice the R button near options.

I'll crawl back into my hole and whine about max 3 tables some other time.

Brice 10-12-2005 03:35 PM

Does that mean PT will soon make it where you can auto-import hands?

MyTurn2Raise 10-12-2005 03:36 PM

yep...at the pokertracker forums, the guy who does the programming says he is working on a patch for absolute hands as we post

10-12-2005 03:49 PM

It is done, you can auto-import, but you don't want to play there, you really don't, in fact no one from 2+2 would ever want to play there, it is a rock garden, the software crashes every other hand, it is very very very slow, you can only play 3 tables at a time, but it is so slow it is worse than one table at Party, ummmmmm, and once you make a bit of money you will lose it all because the site is rigged....

Margon

Schwartzy61 10-12-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is done, you can auto-import, but you don't want to play there, you really don't, in fact no one from 2+2 would ever want to play there, it is a rock garden, the software crashes every other hand, it is very very very slow, you can only play 3 tables at a time, but it is so slow it is worse than one table at Party, ummmmmm, and once you make a bit of money you will lose it all because the site is rigged....

Margon

[/ QUOTE ]

BatsShadow 10-12-2005 08:46 PM

For 6max, the site is excellent, and the crashes have settled down. I actually wrote a blog about why not to play at absolute, but they shmoozed me back, and I must say, it is much better.

They are in a giant marketing push to get more players. I expect the site to grow.

I swear, I'm not a shill. The full games are still rock gardens (well, I don't know, I stopped playing them), but 6max really is fine.

otter 10-12-2005 08:50 PM

I've been there for a few months and from what I've seen the 6 max are rock gardens as well.