Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I love poker! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=211603)

Davey 03-11-2005 09:31 PM

I love poker!

this is a bad beat post because i need to vent. not having a very good day. down around $115 in the last 3 hours. boo

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6d 7c (straight, eight high).
UTG+1 has 3d 3h (three of a kind, threes).
Hero has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 25.25 BB. </font>

this hand would have made me about even on the session too...instead the rivers continue. KK QQ JJ 2x all lost as well. oh well. i just needed to vent...thanks for listening

**just noticed the other hand in there. guess i lost anyways but the winning hand is still shocking to me.

milesdyson 03-11-2005 09:35 PM

Re: I love poker!

That isn't a bad beat dude. BB got 9.5:1 on his preflop call, and while a little loose certainly isn't close to terrible.

He should have bet the flop though.

You should not be 3-betting this turn. I would much rather fold to UTG+1's check raise than 3-bet. Once again, a guy check raises a bettor and caller and has a monster hand.

gvibes 03-11-2005 09:36 PM

Be thankful. You should have lost more.

Davey 03-11-2005 09:38 PM

damn...got caught it in the looking at the low end of the straight....i guess it wasnt that bad since he was open ended....oh well

i said i needed to vent...didnt even expect a response

i guess i should have checked the river. all i was thinking is that someone hit the king on the turn. im a dummy.

Shillx 03-11-2005 09:39 PM

This is not a bad beat. You overplayed your hand on the turn.

Brad

chris_a 03-11-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand would have made me about even on the session too...instead the rivers continue

[/ QUOTE ]

You were only ahead preflop, BTW.

If UTG+1 knew what he was doing you would have lost more than this.

Davey 03-11-2005 09:46 PM

alright i know i suck. just a bad day and this finished it off. when i first posted it i thought it looked bad. now i know that 33 was in the hand. (i didnt see when it happened, only winner showed) so i know i was beat on the flop. and i should have just called or folded the turn. and check the river.

i guess i should have called the post i love suckouts and how i pay them off when i overvalue my hand after a bad session [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

at least this all made me calm down. i dont like losing sessions. thanks guys.

milesdyson 03-11-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i should have called the post i love suckouts and how i pay them off when i overvalue my hand after a bad session [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's the spirit. A bit verbose, but it'll do.

mungpo 03-11-2005 10:45 PM

UTG+1 just displayed his awesome slowplaying skills with a set. BB looks to have hit a staight on the river. I think you way over played AA, if thats possible.

Redd 03-12-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a bad beat. You overplayed your hand on the turn.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you just call the turn? Seems like that guy would play a king that way pretty often if he put hero on &lt;AK.