Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Borgata Poker Rate--need help NOW please (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300155)

Wintermute 07-25-2005 02:45 PM

Borgata Poker Rate--need help NOW please

So I exchanged a couple emails with some deuche at Borgata to find out about hte poker room rate. I explained that me + friends plan to spend this weekend there playing assloads of poker, and that we will easily satisfy the time-played requirement of 8 hrs/day or whatever. But they replied that I have to establish play before qualifying for the poker rate, and I've never stayed at the Borgata nor do I have a player's club account going yet. Does that mean that the first time to visit you have to play full cost for the room? Or can you just show up, play a crapload, and get the reduced rate on the first visit?

I asked the host this, of course, but this jacker did not seem to understand plain english.

thanks in advance

Bremen 07-25-2005 02:48 PM

Re: Borgata Poker Rate--need help NOW please

Yes, you need prior play. No poker rate for you!! Besides which I doubt they'd have any poker rooms left...

Wintermute 07-25-2005 02:51 PM

Crap. I was afraid of that. Well, do you have any recommendations for a relatively cheap room in AC? We'll probably only get the room for one night since we'll play all night Friday... hopefully looking for somewhere < $200/night.

slickpoppa 07-25-2005 02:54 PM

The Comfort Inn in Absecon is pretty cheap, clean, and about a 4 minute car ride to the Borgata

neotope 07-25-2005 02:59 PM

Last time I stayed at The Renault winery its 30 minutes away but a very very nice hotel [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Check hotels.com of travel.yahoo.com and you'll find some good places around Absecon.

sekrah 07-25-2005 03:00 PM

I got a Super 8 in Absecon off one of the discount sites for about $60 for a Friday night.

It was reserved about a month in advanced, but still a great deal.. Even though it was a dump.

Hellmouth 07-25-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Comfort Inn in Absecon is pretty cheap, clean, and about a 4 minute car ride to the Borgata

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur with this. Very clean wiht a complementary hot breakfast. ~80 on the weekend (before the crazy 12% hotel tax). The only downside was that the bed was hard as a rock.

Greg

shu4040 07-25-2005 03:44 PM

i had the same phone call about a month ago for next friday night. assured them my group will easily clear any minimums, yet they wouldn't budge. kinda rediculous, but thats what it is. i ended up getting a friday night at the showboat for like 180ish.

cookieb 07-25-2005 04:05 PM

Be careful with that Borgata Poker rate

Even worse thing that happened to me and my friends-

They gave us the Poker rate at the Borgata, we checked out, and after comps ended up paying just $2.58 for our room.

Then the put a charge for $208 on my buddies credit card. Such horse crap, better triple check before you believe anything they tell you.

Easy E 07-25-2005 04:11 PM

Re: Be careful with that Borgata Poker rate

Contest the charge.