Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Eagles Organization = Classless (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386453)

IggyWH 11-27-2005 11:16 PM

Eagles Organization = Classless

Alright, let me first start out by saying I personally don't like TO. He acted like an ass during this whole process. What I didn't like however, was how the Eagles handled things, especially from such a "class" organization that I keep hearing from.

1)Nothing for TO's 100th TD. You bet your damn ass if it was a Dono record they would have celebrated it. It would have went a LONG way to patching up their relationship with TO, but them not being the "bigger man" it just gave TO more stuff to bitch about.

2)Blaming TO for the fight with Hugh Douglas and then using it against him. Do any of you know the TRUE story behind what happened here? Hugh Douglas is not an Eagle, he is just some hired shill who is an "ambassador" to the team, whatever the hell that is, and does some pregame radio show. Hugh Douglas went into the trainers room while TO was in there hurt (notice TO never missed a game) and proclamed that people in there were faking injuries.

If you were TO, who no one should ever question him faking being hurt especially a shill for the Eagles, wouldn't this set you off also?

3)Now, we have the latest developement from this "class" organization :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2238533

Quick summary, Jerry Jones said on a radio show

[ QUOTE ]
"In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles, being a "class" organization, filed a complaint with the league because NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

Give me a break Eagles... grow the [censored] up already. You're turning into worse than TO at this point.

scott8 11-27-2005 11:24 PM

Re: Eagles Organization = Classless

This is standard. Against a division rival its mandatory.

brettbrettr 11-27-2005 11:28 PM

I don't think the Eagles are blameless. The problem is next to TO, they're saints.

11-27-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, let me first start out by saying I personally don't like TO. He acted like an ass during this whole process. What I didn't like however, was how the Eagles handled things, especially from such a "class" organization that I keep hearing from.

1)Nothing for TO's 100th TD. You bet your damn ass if it was a Dono record they would have celebrated it. It would have went a LONG way to patching up their relationship with TO, but them not being the "bigger man" it just gave TO more stuff to bitch about.

2)Blaming TO for the fight with Hugh Douglas and then using it against him. Do any of you know the TRUE story behind what happened here? Hugh Douglas is not an Eagle, he is just some hired shill who is an "ambassador" to the team, whatever the hell that is, and does some pregame radio show. Hugh Douglas went into the trainers room while TO was in there hurt (notice TO never missed a game) and proclamed that people in there were faking injuries.

If you were TO, who no one should ever question him faking being hurt especially a shill for the Eagles, wouldn't this set you off also?

3)Now, we have the latest developement from this "class" organization :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2238533

Quick summary, Jerry Jones said on a radio show

[ QUOTE ]
"In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles, being a "class" organization, filed a complaint with the league because NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

Give me a break Eagles... grow the [censored] up already. You're turning into worse than TO at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kudos for saving that drowning kid, Drew..

holeplug 11-28-2005 12:24 AM

Your being sarcastic here....right?

11-28-2005 12:37 AM

I agree. and as an eagle fan of 20 years i am sorely disappointed in them. and hijacking... andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players. they really need to seperate coach/GM. it just doesnt work.

holeplug 11-28-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hes not

11-28-2005 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. and as an eagle fan of 20 years i am sorely disappointed in them. and hijacking... andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players. they really need to seperate coach/GM. it just doesnt work.

[/ QUOTE ]
First in terms of the original post the eagles did not recognize T.O.'s 100TD because the origanization does not recognize individual acheivements.
Second Andy Reid is so terrible at drafting that he drafted
Donovan Mcnabb, Corey Simon,Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown(2), Michael Lewis(2), Brian Westbrook (3), L.J. Smith, Shawn Andrews has been good when he was healthy the Eagles have been one of the best organizations of the past 5 years and a lot of that is good drafting.

TheNoodleMan 11-28-2005 01:57 AM

If the eagles don't recognize individual achievements, then how do you explain the retired numbers?
Not recognizing individual achievements is a really bad policy.

PokerFink 11-28-2005 04:02 AM

1) The Eagles have handled the Owens situation very, very poorly. This divorce was going to happen eventually, and it was going to be ugly, but it should not have happened after 1.5 years.

2) Andy Reid is an excellent drafter. I don't need to expand upon this, as others already have.

3) The Eagles have been destroyed by injuries this year. I don't know what % of their problems is injuries and what % is TO, but you can't overlook their injuries.