Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stud8 - Day 5, Hand 6 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392679)

Aaron W. 12-06-2005 02:48 PM

Stud8 - Day 5, Hand 6

With all the high cards behind me, I thought I would play this like stud high. Good or bad on 3rd? (4th is pretty obvious.)

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Alchemist 12-06-2005 03:13 PM

Re: Stud8 - Day 5, Hand 6

What do you put the Q on when he limps in front of you? Good chance you're behind for high from the get-go, and as it turns out, you've got two guys going low coming along to see 4th anyway. Flush it.

mscags 12-06-2005 03:14 PM

You made a good fold on fourth, but I think I wait for a better spot to play this hand. The ante is very high, so this hand could be profitable in the right situation, but I think I would wait for a better opportunity to try and steal. I think especially since the queen limped and the king still to act you should throw this one away.

Spladle Master 12-06-2005 05:11 PM

Fold third. There are two cards higher than your pair showing and one of them has already entered the pot. You raised here but folded when you had hidden tens against nothing but low cards showing. This is backwards. Fold this hand. Even calling is a bad idea and raising is just stupid.

imported_getfunky 12-07-2005 07:08 PM

i only play high hands in early position if I can raise. split tens, even with an ace, is a dangerous hand to raise with, especially with overcards present and three babies yet to speak.

cognito20 12-08-2005 12:11 AM

I generally don't bother with a pair of 10s, regardless of opponents' upcards, in stud/8 unless the game is shorthanded (4-5 players or less), in which case the game is played more like stud high and the hand might become playable if the boards and the action (i.e., no A and K raising and re-raising into you before you act) dictate. In a full game, 10s are far too marginal a high hand to play unless you have 3 of them. Wait for a better opportunity.

--Scott