Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turn: Donkeyville or Checkraise City? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397678)

SomethingClever 12-13-2005 03:59 PM

Turn: Donkeyville or Checkraise City?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

12-13-2005 04:03 PM

Re: Turn: Donkeyville or Checkraise City?

I typically hate to donk since I feel give out information that that I dont have to but.. It would be a disaster if it got checked through. Whats the read on villain? Is he your typical idiot(ie he doesnt know about freecard plays)? If he is, I gamble and go for the CR.

SomethingClever 12-13-2005 04:04 PM

No read, so I assume he's only mildly retarded.

jba 12-13-2005 04:06 PM

I think this is one of those situations where you should donk to manipulate the # of bets going in to the pot. dooo it.

SnglMaltScotch 12-13-2005 04:14 PM

Donkville. I don't like C/R when I don't know what to do if he 3bets and I don't know what to do if he 3-bets. I don't mind putting in 2BB but 3BB would be bad IMO.

Alexthegreat 12-13-2005 04:14 PM

Donk and 3bet the raise.

RunDownHouse 12-13-2005 04:22 PM

I donk so I can 3bet and because I absolutely do not want this turn checked through.

LoaferGee12 12-13-2005 04:44 PM

I check-raise this if the player is aggressive to the point where I am sure he is not going to let this get checked through. If I have any doubts however, I go for the donk/3-bet. FWIW, I don't think we should be concerned about the flush at all right now until he shows much more aggression.

yellowjack 12-13-2005 05:11 PM

I don't see CO checking the turn very often. Someone can probably do the hand EV of donking vs. checkraising, assuming you miss the checkraise say 20% of the time.

SomethingClever 12-13-2005 05:17 PM

Sounding like the consensus is donk and I think I agree.

I think when I'm running bad I get in this mindset of wanting to "punish" my opponents when I actually get a hand. So I make a hand here that's pretty well disguised and I think, "checkraise!" But if I take the time to evaluate, I think this is a bad spot for it because many players will take the free card. I definitely want some bets going in on the turn here, so I should bet!

FWIW, I checked and whiffed.