Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT vs.a small army of coldcallers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402855)

Azhrarn 12-21-2005 03:41 PM

TT vs.a small army of coldcallers

Nice loose table. UTG+1, MP1 and CO are loose and not good. Button is a good TAG, maybe 2+2, his numbers are around 17/11/2.5 over a few hundred hands. From what I've seen, he is not particularly tricky.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

When the button raised, I put him on a nine, a set, or a flush draw. Two pair is near impossible on this board, and overpairs are unlikely because of the pre-flop action. He didn't cap, which could mean he thinks he's behind, or it could mean he's waiting to pop me on the turn.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Thoughts on the check? The flush comes in and the board pairs. I've got a club, but that may not matter.

River: (12.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

I'm especially interested in the turn and river, but comments on any streets are appreciated.

ghostwriter 12-21-2005 03:47 PM

Re: TT vs.a small army of coldcallers

I would bet the turn call a raise and throw up on the river.

squeek12 12-21-2005 03:48 PM

This is a tough spot, but I think I would bet/fold the turn and check/call the river.

silkyslim 12-21-2005 03:55 PM

ok the blinds must be semi-retarded but hey. I bet/fold the turn and clarkmeister the river!

12-21-2005 03:55 PM

I like check/call the turn
check/call the river . . .

you are probably going to lose but you are getting 13:1 on the river call so I'd take the risk

EDIT: Actually Bet/Fold the turn may be better. It saves you 1bb when you are behind from my above suggestion.

12-21-2005 03:58 PM

Clarkmeister??

silkyslim 12-21-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clarkmeister??

[/ QUOTE ]
bet the river when HU OOP and the board is 4-flushed regardless of your hand. i actually dont think its a good spot for this and i would probably c/c because the board is paired and its hard to fold to a raise with the T-flush.

12-21-2005 04:05 PM

I think I'd bet/fold the turn and check/fold the river. From your description, Villian knows better than to try to bluff.

Azhrarn 12-21-2005 05:04 PM

For those who like bet/folding the turn...

Is there any fear of a free shodown raise? Or a semibluff raise with (for instance) a nine and a club?

Like I said, the villain didn't seem particularly tricky, but I think these are things any good TAG will do at least once in a while.

12-21-2005 05:48 PM

I think the turn and river are both close decisions, and it's hard to fault folding the turn when it pairs the board and makes a 3 flush. Then again it's likely you did initiate his bet by checking.

The river is not a place to Clakmeister. Here you likely HAVE the best hand, but don't like to see a raise. Villian has been betting the whole way, and if he checks through the river chances are 1) you have him beat and 2) he was not calling a river bet anyhow. For that reason I like a check/call line on the river.