Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Middle Flush (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219401)

Ringo_Mojo 03-24-2005 04:54 PM

Middle Flush

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I've only been playing for a couple months, and I'm trying to improve my game. This hand kinda confused me. I have a midle flush on the turn, but slowed down on the river for fear of a bigger flush. Should I have played this differently? what type of odds are there for an opponent to have a bigger flush in this situation?

cold_cash 03-24-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Middle Flush

Well there seems to be some controversy lately about playing flush draws, but I would checkraise the flop. Your hand is strong, and you have two players trapped.

Not betting the river is bad; not check-raising when you get the chance might be worse.

Edit - I just wanted to say that since you checked I would check-raise the flop. With the pre-flop action going the way it did I think you should be betting out though.

Shillx 03-24-2005 05:03 PM

You flopped the best possible hand here (bottom pair and a flush draw). You need to go nuts on this flop. You are better then 50/50 to make 2-pair or better by the river. You have a clear check/raise on the flop here for value when the action goes bet-call-call. You have roughly 45% equity and you are currently trapping 2 people in the middle for bets. A flop check/raise will earn you roughly 4*.45 - 1 = .8 SB in EV. Also, bet the river dude.

Brad

rafct 03-24-2005 05:20 PM

I would lead out the flop because I am not sure somebody is going to bet the flop for me. Otherwise, i would checkraise. If completing the flush,I just lead with no check raise attempt.
Am I missing too much if I fold this preflop?

kapw7 03-24-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I missing too much if I fold this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are with 9:1 odds to call and huge implied odds making your flush.

rafct 03-24-2005 05:42 PM

Yes.. Here I have 9:1 to call and would fold it. I started folding suited trash hands unless I have 10:1 to call or more. Too tight? What are your standards?

NateDog 03-24-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.. Here I have 9:1 to call and would fold it. I started folding suited trash hands unless I have 10:1 to call or more. Too tight? What are your standards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll usually play any 2 suited for 1/2 price. If it's folded to the button, probably not.