Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AJ and a bit of stubbornness... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251933)

mimih 05-14-2005 12:31 AM

AJ and a bit of stubbornness...

I should have folded when I was checked-raised on the turn right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 19 B

aK13 05-14-2005 12:37 AM

Re: AJ and a bit of stubbornness...

I don't mind the call down here, as there's a lot of dead money in the pot, and he might have been trying to bluff you or something stupid.

Jacob_Gilliam 05-14-2005 12:40 AM

I would call down. He might only have a weaker jack and your getting good odds to see this until the end.

Buckmulligan 05-14-2005 12:46 AM

I might fold the river with the multiple callers the the queen, but this hand looks ok.

pointcount 05-14-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might fold the river with the multiple callers the the queen, but this hand looks ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree. if it wasn't a queen or if it was HU i'd definately be calling.

Entity 05-14-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Queen doesn't change anything. I think the calldown is fine, though you're beat fairly often.

Rob

Buckmulligan 05-14-2005 01:06 AM

it changes some - because now a broader range of hands beats you, but I know what you are saying. also, I would call this down most of the time anyway, i didnt say that the queen makes me fold now.

Entity 05-14-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it changes some - because now a broader range of hands beats you, but I know what you are saying. also, I would call this down most of the time anyway, i didnt say that the queen makes me fold now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...

Yeah, now QJ beats us as well. And if a T fell, QK would beat us. And if a 4 fell, 44 would beat us.

My point is this: the caller is calling. That's what they do best. The Q hasn't changed his range of hands much at all, and while you're usually behind to a 9 here, it's sufficiently rare that UTG will be checkraising the turn with QJ exactly that the Q changes anything.

Rob

Buckmulligan 05-14-2005 01:48 AM

yup, your point is good, i guess I was just thinking the range would be broader than that, but you're right.

Wetdog 05-14-2005 02:05 AM

OP asked about folding on the turn when 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hit. Nevermind the Q on the river. If you're afraid of a 9, then it's like WA/WB except you have position. Call the turn, call the river.