Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How many times have you hit the wrong button while playing online/ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=73640)

jwvdcw 03-14-2004 11:26 PM

How many times have you hit the wrong button while playing online/

Just did it for my second time ever. K-Js on the button in a tourney. Big raise from cutoff, I hit call by mistake...flop gives me a 4 flush, which I river and take his whole stack [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Only other time was late in a tourney, guy raised my BB big from the SB. I accidentally re raise all in with Q-9os. He calls with K-K [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

uuDevil 03-14-2004 11:37 PM

Re: How many times have you hit the wrong button while playing online/

Once, but it didn't make much difference [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. What happens more often is I click and.... no action! I'm disconnected. Once in a ring game I filled up on the turn, there's a bet and a raise in front of me and I rera.... Arghh! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

morgant 03-14-2004 11:37 PM

i do it every now and again, hopefully it happens in a limit game only costing an extra bet, but this one time in band camp......
i hit the call button in a no limit cash game giving away my entire $500 stack....argggggggggg

ZeeJustin 03-14-2004 11:39 PM

I do it ALL the time NM

subq 03-14-2004 11:40 PM

I think the appropriate question would be who hasn't done it.

DrewOnTilt 03-14-2004 11:47 PM

Once I folded Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the small blind [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] and once I reraised instead of folding with a busted flush on the river [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I tend commit such errors while playing multi-tables, when one window pops up because it is my turn, and I am in the process of doing something else on another table. Now I strategically position the windows so that the buttons will not likely be aligned with an important part of another screen, although this mistake still happens occasionally.

TheGrifter 03-15-2004 12:01 AM

I've done it a few times, always when playing multiple tables.

I once gave a guy back 75 bucks when he accidentally called and it was obvious he wasn't lying. I think everyone should do that but most people are more than happy to accept the mistake and keep the loot.

bigpooch 03-15-2004 12:16 AM

I probably hit the wrong button between twenty and thirty
times since the beginning of 2003 as I haven't kept track!

But that must be remarkable low, since I probably click on
the mouse more than forty times a minute!.

morgant 03-15-2004 12:22 AM

40x a minute, holy cowballs batman. how many tables, and for how long of a stretch can you keep that up before insanity sets in?

Kenrick 03-15-2004 05:17 AM

I can't remember ever hitting the wrong button in the manner most people think, but today I did hit the button I wanted to hit even though it was the wrong button. With a 6-high flop I bet my K6, but then I looked again and I actually had K9. Too many hours of multi-tabling can make your eyes go buggy.

Fortunately the turn card was a 9, so I bet again and everyone folded. woo woo.