Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   wisdom teeth out, face swollen as hell 3 days later (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323027)

Eegs 08-25-2005 11:11 PM

wisdom teeth out, face swollen as hell 3 days later

I got my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday. It is now Thursday and I still look like a [censored] chipmunk with my huge cheeks. Is this normal? I've also got some bruising now on the lower left side of my face...Anybody with similar wsidom teeth experience? How long before it goes away? Any chance of an infection?

Turkish 08-25-2005 11:14 PM

Re: wisdom teeth out, face swollen as hell 3 days later

My memories of the extraction include about 2 days of full on bleeding that would never stop and getting sick trying to walk more than 5 steps... If swelling is your biggest concern, you are having a good week.

Bradyams 08-25-2005 11:15 PM

Couple of my friends had swelling for a week, and sometimes longer.

I personally had no swelling, and ate solid food the day following my surgery. I was really lucky, had no pain, and healed up fast.

James Boston 08-25-2005 11:15 PM

I had minimal bleeding and swelling. I guess I was lucky. Don't drink through a straw or smoke (if you do).

Michael Davis 08-25-2005 11:37 PM

Just don't get dry sockets. You sound okay now. If you get dry sockets you will know.

-Michael

HopeydaFish 08-26-2005 12:16 AM

I was really sore for about 3 days. I couldn't get out of bed and was swollen like a chipmunk. It took about a month before my jaw felt 100% again and I could chew without wincing in pain.

ThaSaltCracka 08-26-2005 12:18 AM

just take some vicodin and relax.

Eegs 08-26-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just take some vicodin and relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

They prescribed some percocet for me which is supposed to be stronger than vicodin. I took some the first day and hurled badly so I stopped taking it. Now I'm just on a generic motrin and it seems to be working ok.

ThaSaltCracka 08-26-2005 01:07 AM

you are a pussy and an embarrasment to OOT.

Soul Daddy 08-26-2005 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They prescribed some percocet for me which is supposed to be stronger than vicodin. I took some the first day and hurled badly so I stopped taking it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the...? Try again!