Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380377)

TheWorstPlayer 11-17-2005 03:34 PM

Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

Villain is TAG. Not really a good player, but somewhat thinking. Takes decent lines and is fairly aggressive, but doesn't really tailor his play properly to opponents, not a good hand reader, etc. I'm sure he's a winner in the games, but he also got stacked with open trips no kicker in this session. I'm not sure if it was a situation where I would have called or not since I wasn't really paying attention. So obviously not world class, but not a donk at all either. Numbers are 33/12 or something over 100ish hands. Only goes to showdown around 20% or so. So somewhat weak postflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($164.52)
UTG ($518.78)
TWP ($398)
Button ($435)
SB ($454)

Preflop: TWP is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, SB (poster) calls $13, BB calls $11.

Flop: ($60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $35</font>, Button folds, SB calls $35, BB folds.

Turn: ($130) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, TWP...?

What is his hand range and is this a good spot to bluff? If so, how much?

Bukem_ 11-17-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

Whats up with the gross flop bet?

mishafp 11-17-2005 03:39 PM

He just check called and then bet out big- it looks like there is a good chance he was trying to slow play a set. You do not even have a re-draw against most of his hands. Time to fold this.

TheWorstPlayer 11-17-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats up with the gross flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't ask about the flop bet. But for the sake of open discussion (although I'd rather not discuss it in this thread) it is the same type of flop bet I made in my other thread with KQ on a T9x flop. I am underbetting the pot a lot lately and really liking the results. But this is neither here nor there. How about talking about the turn?

11-17-2005 03:43 PM

i hope you realize the A makes straight its not an impossible card for him, it's actually pretty likely, i think all your bluff is going to do in this situation is lose you money.

ajmargarine 11-17-2005 03:43 PM

Continuation bet in this hand = bad.

Bluffing the turn = worse.

JMO

TheWorstPlayer 11-17-2005 03:46 PM

An ace doesn't make a straight. A 4 makes a straight.

TheWorstPlayer 11-17-2005 03:47 PM

You just check and fold in this hand? What hand range do you put him on with this turn bet?

4_2_it 11-17-2005 03:48 PM

He woke up and likes his hand. Unless you think he is capable of a stone call bluff or a bet on the come, bluffing is a bad idea.

TheWorstPlayer 11-17-2005 03:49 PM

But what hand did he wake up and like?