Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MTT TLB Contest Smack Talk/Questions Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364733)

Jurollo 10-24-2005 10:06 PM

MTT TLB Contest Smack Talk/Questions Thread

Post any comments or questions about the upcoming MTT event in this thread!
~Justin

Exitonly 10-24-2005 10:24 PM

Re: MTT TLB Contest Smack Talk/Questions Thread

I am in.

Y'all are dead.

10-24-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in.

Y'all are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I am out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ansky451 10-24-2005 10:55 PM

What? I have a psychology project due that week and 2 midterms? Oh its no matter, you bitches are finished.

(I just won't sleep for a week)

Jurollo 10-24-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What? I have a psychology project due that week and 2 midterms? Oh its no matter, you bitches are finished.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats the spirit! I want at least 25 people in this for me to do another one.
~Justin

pfkaok 10-24-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is gonna be fun. i'm going to start this off with a 24 hour binge oct 30-31. any who want to join me can do so, and get this thing off to a real fast start.

10-25-2005 03:33 AM

Aww crap. I would have been in but my other project will suffer if I do... Good luck guys

ansky451 10-25-2005 04:04 AM

This comes at a sort of good time though, because I want to come top 100 in the monthly TLB so can get a try at a free bahamas seat.

I never play enough tournaments to get that close, so this will be an intersting experience for the month of November...

Oh and, once again, you bitches are going down.

Exitonly 10-25-2005 04:25 AM

it doesnt take that manyy to get top 100, unless everyone goes nuts to get in during november.

Skjonne 10-25-2005 07:31 AM

I'm in. And I know I'm suppossed to talk smack, but hey seriously I don't stand a chance

Here's my $50....

Jurollo 10-27-2005 01:19 PM

Ok folks, it is getting late in the week now, people need to start registering. I will put a 10 player minimum on this for it to get off the ground, I think we should be able to hit that easily with all the MTT'ers here so tell your friends! Remember the entry fees have to be sent by midnight Saturday (slight change from original post)
~Justin

Exitonly 10-27-2005 01:37 PM

i'm in this, what's your name on Stars?
--

LETS GO BITCHES

zoobird 10-27-2005 01:40 PM

Yeah - I'm counting on you to do well in your other project! No distractions! By the way, if you want, once 'registration' closes, I'd be happy to put together a spreadsheet for you with everyone's predictions, and what range would make each person a winner. Just promise not to post anything in that thread until the 1st, because I don't want anyone else signing up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yuv 10-27-2005 01:59 PM

obviously you came up with that after my big month and right when i'm going back to school.

Well, I'll take comfort in leading 2+2er for october.

Jurollo 10-27-2005 02:29 PM

send monies to jurollo83.

nath 10-27-2005 03:40 PM

Hmmm.... I want to give this a shot but I'm not sure if I'll have the time this week. School will be slower than usual though so I just might. Been meaning to give a TLB run a serious shot anyways.

Exitonly 10-27-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
send monies to jurollo83.

[/ QUOTE ]

Son of a bitch.

I'm in the airport, and just tried to log-in to send you the money.

And well, i left my computer at home signed on, i'll email Pokerstars to get them to knock me off, but if you don't get it by whenever your deadline is, you have my word it's on the way.

Jurollo 10-27-2005 05:42 PM

Well you dont NEED to play tons of tournaments, it is just sort of helpful to do so. So those that dont think they will have time, you can make a serious run by simply taking 2 nights and playing 8-10 tournies each one and other tournies when you have a chance.
~Justin

Jurollo 10-27-2005 05:42 PM

Deadline isnt for 2 days Exit so no rush, I want at least ten though and am getting a tad worried. We need some more support here!
~Justin

dmk 10-27-2005 08:56 PM

i'm in, sending tonight. do you want both fee+extra donations now?

Jurollo 10-27-2005 09:03 PM

Yes, I will post how much we gathered when it is all sent in and I will put up a poll asking what charity we should send to...Habitat for Humanity or Red Cross is what I am thinking.
~Justin

pfkaok 10-27-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Habitat for Humanity or Red Cross is what I am thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure i want to do this, but i would strongly recommend against red cross if you are taking suggestions for this. i don't know much about Habitat for humanity, but i feel its counterproductive to give money to a charity who in the very recent past had to refund its donors after admitidly skimmin tons of money from donations.

btw. how many people do you have so far?

Jurollo 10-27-2005 09:33 PM

Looks like 5 confirmed, and others up in the air, which for thursday isn't too bad. I will likely allow some extra time for registration if we are low. Like midday sunday or something. Even though it starts at midnight sunday. I will look into other options for donations.
~Justin

pfkaok 10-27-2005 09:40 PM

thanks. i don't mean to come off as a jerk about that, but i've just heard so much negative, and little positive about red cross. i honestly would feel bad if i were contributing to people who do things like that. but yeah, i'll ship ya the money. 40, or 50?

GoldenHorde 10-27-2005 09:47 PM

Well I'm definately in I've been looking for some motivation to play more and this looks perfect. If we can get enough talented people to sign up we should be able to take a few spots in the top 10 I know I plan on being there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jurollo 10-27-2005 10:03 PM

wow, some nice philanthropy so far guys. I would also like to say if someone just wanted to donate, which I will leave open longer than the contest to try to get as much as possible, basically I will open up a poll after the registration is closed to ask for suggestions on where to send it. Anyone who didnt have time for the contest or didn't want to do this can still donate at that time.
~Justin

Jurollo 10-28-2005 01:38 AM

Bump for the night crew. Lets make this a good showing.
~Justin

pfkaok 10-28-2005 01:39 AM

just wondering. does this thing start at midnite eastern on sunday?

Jurollo 10-28-2005 01:40 AM

Yes. Any tournament after 12pm EST will count towards your next week's TLB. So basically, anything after the clock first ticks from Saturday to Sunday on the PS server clock (EST) counts.
~Justin

pfkaok 10-28-2005 01:46 AM

kewl. i think i'm gonna start this off with a bang. anyone wanna go a 24 hour marathon session with me startin around then?

Rizen 10-28-2005 03:47 PM

challenge

Come on guys, let's get this going. I think it's a great idea and Jurollo obviously put some effort into getting this going. Count me in. I'm probably donating as with a full time job and a young child I don't get to play as many tournaments as I would like, but I'll see if I can't make up for what I'll lack in quantity with quality.

All that being said. I wish to issue a challenge to all other players. Let's make this thing as big as we can, most of us here already play MTTs a fair amount anyways, no need not to make it interesting. So, for every player that signs up for the TLB contest, I will donate an additional $5 to charity (minimum $50 for 10 entrants). Also, since I know not everyone who participates here has gotten to a point where they feel both their game and/or financial situation warrants a $50 investment, for each person who just donates money without entering the contest I will put up an additional dollar towards the charity/relief fund. This isn't a ton of money, it's just one way I could think of to try and get more involvement, raise some more money for charity, and show some appreciation for the hard work Jurollo and our other admins put into making this board so great.

Jurollo - I'm at work right now so you can expect my initial $100 transfer (50 for contest, 50 for charity) tonight. Once the signups are complete and the donations are all tallied, if you can let me know the # of entrants and # of donatees I'll transfer you any additional donations.

-Rizen

P.S. Since this is a smack thread, I'm taking this down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Look out McEvoy, here I come.

Jurollo 10-28-2005 04:32 PM

Re: challenge

Rizen, that is great man, I have decided I am going to do this myself too I think. I was going to sit back and watch since it was the first one but if it comes down to needing an extra player I will take it on as well, aside from just donating.
~Justin

Edit: That is if anyone doesn't object to me playing in my own deal here. If anyone objects to this please let me know.

dmk 10-28-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: That is if anyone doesn't object to me playing in my own deal here. If anyone objects to this please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't take this the wrong way, but i was expecting you to take part in this. i don't think anyone would argue against you joining in

ansky451 10-28-2005 07:49 PM

Ahhhh. I can't decide if I'm playing or not.. so much work to do.

Jurollo 10-28-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhhh. I can't decide if I'm playing or not.. so much work to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take off your skirt and play some pokah!
~Justin

Jurollo 10-28-2005 11:19 PM

Ok, I got...

Rizen
pfkaok
AA88Qs
dmkay
skjonne

so far, I KNOW there is more interest for this folks, I dont want to hear excuses, just make it happen!
~Justin

nfpceo 10-29-2005 04:30 PM

I'm in. Prepare to be dominated!
Stars name = nfpceo

Jurollo 10-29-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I got...

Rizen
pfkaok
AA88Qs
dmkay
skjonne

so far, I KNOW there is more interest for this folks, I dont want to hear excuses, just make it happen!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, add exit, and npf to the contest, we looks like we will hit the 10 player minimum.
~Justin

Jurollo 10-30-2005 01:26 AM

bump

dmk 10-30-2005 01:32 AM

i'm willing to consider any sidebets w/ those taking part in the competition. let me know if you have any ideas. (like a most TLB in 1 night, etc)