Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   So many outs... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401199)

kross 12-19-2005 04:39 AM

So many outs...

Villain just sat down, but so far he seems pretty loose passive, calling with most anything. Probably not the best opponent to be trying to semibluff against.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Okay? Too loose?

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Flush draw, gutshot straight draw, and overcard.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Now I'm double-gutted.

River: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero check/folds?

My wife always tells me, the more outs you have, the less likely they are to come in. Sure seems like it sometimes.

-- Kevin

12-19-2005 05:22 AM

Re: So many outs...

C/F is standard. Only better hands you get to fold this river are missed flush draws Qx and Kx. Since he is passive, missed straight draws such as 97 will check behind. If he is really loose passive and was calling down with A high, he probably won't fold the river for one more bet.

thesharpie 12-19-2005 05:25 AM

Perfect.

Chairman Wood 12-19-2005 05:35 AM

I think you can bet the flop for value. I think your J outs are good. If you know this guy is going to call you on the end with Q hi UI you can check/call the turn. A turn bet isnot for value anymore. In addition you gain some information if you check and he bets the turn. You could probably determine that if he bets the turn that your outs to pair your 6 are no good.

PokerBob 12-19-2005 05:39 AM

seems fine to me.

kross 12-19-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could probably determine that if he bets the turn that your outs to pair your 6 are no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, good point. But then again, some people will autobet the turn after you check. Hadn't seen enough of this guy to know if he's one of those or not.

PokerBob 12-19-2005 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could probably determine that if he bets the turn that your outs to pair your 6 are no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, good point. But then again, some people will autobet the turn after you check. Hadn't seen enough of this guy to know if he's one of those or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

but so many retards will peel the flop here with a better J, a Q or a K. I like the turn bet. If he raises you have a slew of outs. Besides, if the turn goes check/check and the river is a blank, you are really screwed.

Chairman Wood 12-19-2005 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but so many retards will peel the flop here with a better J, a Q or a K. I like the turn bet. If he raises you have a slew of outs. Besides, if the turn goes check/check and the river is a blank, you are really screwed.

[/ QUOTE ] I think those same retards at this level that OP seems to be dealing with may call turn and river with a better J,Q or K. If the turn does go check/check. Its going to go check/cheon the river if villian doesn't improve if he has one of those better J,Q, K hands as well as if he is against 97, 96 or any of the other busted str8 draws. I don't see him facing a bet much ever from a worse hand.

mtdoak 12-19-2005 11:47 AM

Well, your certainly not winning this pot by checking. Bet/Fold and hope he was on a draw as well. With 4.5 BB in the pot, this move only has to work 25% of the time to be profitable, however. Your losing 100% of the time when he calls, but your also losing a high % of the time when you check as well.

Stefan_K 12-19-2005 11:52 AM

I fold preflop, i like the flop and turn bet. Usually i C/F this river, but this board is ragged with a lot of draws so you might be good bluffing the river