Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Wrestling fans and former fans only. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288632)

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 01:53 AM

Wrestling fans and former fans only.

wrestling sucks right now. fix it.

post your solutions below.

FrankTheTank 07-08-2005 02:03 AM

Re: Wrestling fans and former fans only.

make every single match the royal rumble. done.

tdarko 07-08-2005 02:05 AM

the draft sucked now i have to watch smackdown b/c the good wrestlers are there now

IronDragon1 07-08-2005 02:08 AM

Multiple, competitive federations.

Bring back hardcore.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:09 AM

stop all the run ins after basically every match.

imported_CaseClosed326 07-08-2005 02:20 AM

Bring back the Ultimate Warrior.

vulturesrow 07-08-2005 02:26 AM

Eliminate marriage story lines. I also heartily agree with eliminating the seemingly endless succession of run ins.

Hopefully another federation in the mold of the ECW will rise to the top. I have a feeling that a federation like this would attract a lot of us who used to be big wrestling fans but are unimpressed at best with the current wrestlecrap being perpetrated on us. But I have no idea how to make this happed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wanna start up an OOT Wrestling Federation with me? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to assume for your sake that this is a joke.

siccjay 07-08-2005 02:32 AM

The draft [censored] sucks.

To make Wrestling better you need TNA to be better funded so it can actually compete with WWE.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Eliminate marriage story lines

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the entire love story/triagle gambit has run its course and should be put on ice for the 25 years.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:35 AM

never again should a ref be bumped into and be "knocked out"

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the draft sucked now i have to watch smackdown b/c the good wrestlers are there now

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. The draft was perfectly executed until they took Christian. I was content to never watch SD again.

I don't think it sucks. Had you posed this in January I would have agreed, but it's certainly better now than it has been at any point in the past few years.

tdarko 07-08-2005 02:38 AM

we need a mulitple personality guy like cactus jack, bang bang was the greatest...nobody bled like that bastard.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To make Wrestling better you need TNA to be better funded so it can actually compete with WWE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching their latest on real player right now. They seem to have gone on long in cleaning up some of their suckiness by getting rid of that fast ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Dusty Rhodes and putting the belt on Raven (only 2 years to late). Although I am still hearing that dumb ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Don West so they still have a ways to go.

imported_CaseClosed326 07-08-2005 02:40 AM

No joke.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...nvswarrior.jpg

My favorite match of all time.

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow those two did manage to have a great match. But seriously, Warrior is insane.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you are the reason wrestling sucks in the first place.

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like TNA is gonna go with Spike when the WWF(sorry, will never call it WWE) goes back to USA. Everyone here owes it to themselves to check out Ring Of Honor, it maybe a bit too indy at times, but those guys go out there and bust their asses. Also who watches Japanese Puro, I'd love to see NOAH and All Japan reunite since Mrs. Baba has no involvement anymore with AJPW

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow those two did manage to have a great match. But seriously, Warrior is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also he sucks. Anyone see his last run in WCW?

imported_CaseClosed326 07-08-2005 02:44 AM

Yeah, I was at the monday nitro when he came back. It was sweet.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was kind of cool that first night. Then we all realized that he sucks, he's always sucked, and he had since lost his mind.

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

do yourself a big favor and get the Ric Flair DVD and watch the 2/3 falls steamboat match from Clash6. The entire trilogy from 89 is some of the best american wrestling ever. You also need to check out the Magnum TA/ TUlly BLanchard I quit match. Once you check those matches out, you will never want to watch a Hogan match ever again. Oh, if you think the WMVI was good between those two then you really need to check out some Japanese Puro matches, makes those two dolts look like rookies

tinga81 07-08-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one? I heard rumors that a few (up to 10? played him).

The Hogan vs Warrior match was definately a favorite of mine too. Ohh, the good old days.

I tried watching the 'new era' of Wrestling, and I don't care to follow it. Maybe something will happen in the next few years to bring some integrity back to the sport.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

do yourself a big favor and get the Ric Flair DVD and watch the 2/3 falls steamboat match from Clash6. The entire trilogy from 89 is some of the best american wrestling ever. You also need to check out the Magnum TA/ TUlly BLanchard I quit match. Once you check those matches out, you will never want to watch a Hogan match ever again. Oh, if you think the WMVI was good between those two then you really need to check out some Japanese Puro matches, makes those two dolts look like rookies

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he wants the Ultimate freaking Warrior to come back! There is no way could ever appreciate any of that.

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe something will happen in the next few years to bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha
Shoot fights!

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away bro.

shadow29 07-08-2005 02:50 AM

Who would you challenge to a nightstick on a pole match?

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nightstick on a pole match

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes get rid of that crap and other similar crap as well. Thanks for reminding me.

imported_CaseClosed326 07-08-2005 02:57 AM

I don't know I haven't watched wrestlingin a while. (not since Triple H simulated sex with a dead corpse) I don't feel much like getting back into it.

I guess I was the only Ultimate Warrior fan.

tinga81 07-08-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bring some integrity back to the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 03:00 AM

I assume you prefer solid in-ring action over the entertainment aspects. Can I inquire about a time and place when you really liked the product?

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:00 AM

yeah, wayyyy too many gimmick matches. also, vince needs to stop it with the stupid triple threat match, three way dance baby

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:01 AM

one could wish that a ultimate idiot fan could be transformed into a Kenta Kobashi fan [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching their latest on real player right now. They seem to have gone on long in cleaning up some of their suckiness by getting rid of that fast ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Dusty Rhodes and putting the belt on Raven (only 2 years to late). Although I am still hearing that dumb ass, no talent, POS, ass clown Don West so they still have a ways to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooohhhh they added Terry Taylor this could be promising. He's a great booker.

Soul Daddy 07-08-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I haven't watched wrestlingin a while. (not since Triple H simulated sex with a dead corpse)

[/ QUOTE ]
This truly was the worst moment ever. Even worse than the Bossman HIAC matches. It's taken them a long time to recover from dumb [censored] like that.

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:02 AM

And it looks like Samoa Joe is gonna get a big push. for those of you who haven't seen Joe, he is damn good

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:07 AM

I am a big fan of 90s AJPW. I've always been a big fan. WHen I was a kid in chicago I was a bigger fan of crockett wrestling than Vince style wrestling. To me Flair was the be all end all. I never like Hogan. Flair just seemed cool and, to me, was larger than life. I stopped watching a little after Vader got depushed in WCW(late 93) but started watching again after Bash at the Beach 96, and really got back in 97. WWF was good wrestling in 97 and so was WCW, unfortunetly 98 arrived and the entertainment aspect really took over. I have always preferred in ring guys and always will. I think that's why I took to Japan Puro the way I did

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you prefer solid in-ring action over the entertainment aspects. Can I inquire about a time and place when you really liked the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I demand both. I want a good in ring match accentuated with a good out of ring story.

I'm not sure. I liked what they did with Brock Lesnar when he first showed up as an example.

I would in general say that unless the WWE is moving to HBO the sex & wrestling has played it self out.

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:08 AM

We need more clean matches. in fact, I'd like to see nothing but clean finishes for 6 months in the WWF and I can garuntee you that the non smart fans wouldn't even notice and would enjoy the product just as much