Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Come on own up.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398520)

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Come on own up..

Ah I wouldn't worry. We all make mistakes. I've made significantly less the last 2-3 days than I had before, and my results have much improved as a result, but still.

ilya 12-14-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a wild guess, but I'd say if he knows you are doing this with any kind of a huge range, this call was more like lighting a $10 bill on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're way off. Even if BB is pushing any 2, it's still a $45 or so mistake in a $109.

microbet 12-14-2005 07:50 PM

Not worried. I feel very very solid at 4 tables, pretty darn solid at 5, and I make a few mistakes at 6. At some point that will become 5,6,7 and then 6,7,8 and so on until my age addled brain reaches it's limit.

I wouldn't bother responding except maybe someone will read this and not think that you have to go from 1 table to 4 to 8 to 20.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:54 PM

I started the $109s at 4, then moved up to 6 (where I seemed to feel more comfortable than when I was 4-tabling, especially if one or two bust early, as I didn't feel like I was playing catch-up.. stupid I know, but anyway) and now I'm onto 8.

Shillx 12-14-2005 07:55 PM

Heh he probably thought he owned you so hard.

And no it wasn't me because I would have pushed it straight away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bones 12-14-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a wild guess, but I'd say if he knows you are doing this with any kind of a huge range, this call was more like lighting a $10 bill on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed the stacks to:
utg: $501
button: $830
sb $3699
bb: $5000

to adjust for sngpt's >1bb requirement and ran it as sb pushing AKo and bb calling any 2. It came up -4.9% or -$49.29. In reality, it's probably much worse since utg has to double up several times to get back into the game.

microbet 12-14-2005 08:59 PM

This is my bad. I didn't think the thing was as bad as was being said because I didn't notice the 4th player. I thought it was ITM already. Once again I'm going to plead lynx via ssh. Bad browser. F'n company that filters web sites and spies on employees. My current projection is this situation will end on or before April 1st.

Don't ask me to stop posting when I can't read what's going on very well, because I won't.

tigerite 12-14-2005 09:08 PM

If it was ITM, though it'd still be terrible, I would have half understood it as people get fixated with "playing for first" and other such baloney. Nah, this was on the bubble.

Slim Pickens 12-14-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that's a pretty smart play. AK vs 75 is what, 97%, 98%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, since the ace is the highest card there is and the king is the second highest, it's more like 99%.

Seriously, this falls into the "call with AA, maybe KK, and fold everything else" range.

tylerdurden 12-14-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my bad. I didn't think the thing was as bad as was being said because I didn't notice the 4th player. I thought it was ITM already. Once again I'm going to plead lynx via ssh. Bad browser. F'n company that filters web sites and spies on employees. My current projection is this situation will end on or before April 1st.

Don't ask me to stop posting when I can't read what's going on very well, because I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

d00d, if you can ssh out, use putty (or any ssh client, putty just makes it insanely easy), set up a dynamic port-forwarding tunnel, and browse pr0n all day long.