Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Don't You [censored] Do It Georgey Boy!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359672)

mmbt0ne 10-17-2005 07:28 PM

Don\'t You [censored] Do It Georgey Boy!!

If you even THINK about touching Mazzone, I'll firebomb every piece of property you own.

Phoenix1010 10-17-2005 07:34 PM

Re: Don\'t You [censored] Do It Georgey Boy!!

He's as good as ours.

TheRover 10-17-2005 07:35 PM

Absolutely zero chance he goes anywhere.

10-17-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful, but zero chance? You dont think he wants to be a head coach?

Jack of Arcades 10-17-2005 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheRover 10-17-2005 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful, but zero chance? You dont think he wants to be a head coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They want him for pitching coach anyway, not manager. He'll stay with Atlanta as long as Bobby Cox is there.

I wouldn't be shocked if he and Cox retired together. Unless Cox is closer to quitting then I assume. If so, Terry Pendleton would take over if he's still around and Mazzone would stay.

10-17-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If so, Terry Pendleton would take over if he's still around and Mazzone would stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this (not that I want Cox to retire). And who would be the next hitting coach? My guess, Eddie Perez.

Jack of Arcades 10-17-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If so, Terry Pendleton would take over if he's still around and Mazzone would stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this (not that I want Cox to retire). And who would be the next hitting coach? My guess, Eddie Perez.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess, too. Although Terry Pendleton's being interviewed by both Tampa and the Dodgers.

TheRover 10-17-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good a guess as any. Would they give it to him only a year or two after retirement? I have no idea. For Pendleton to get the job I would think Cox would have to retire in around three years. I assume someone would offer him a manager's job somewhere else pretty soon if he doesn't want to wait.

As a Cubs fan, if they want Gene Clines or Gary Matthews I'll offer to pay for plane tickets.

DoubleDown 10-17-2005 08:11 PM

why hasnt mazzone taken a job as a manager in the mlb yet? he's obviously proven he's among the elite with regards to coaches/managers in the past 10-15 years, yet he's still playing 2nd fiddle to B.Cox down in atl. how could he not have wanted to manage his own team by now? has he not been offered a job? (that would be pretty shocking, considering his track record)