Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   MUBS or appropriate caution? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398765)

Songwind 12-15-2005 02:17 AM

MUBS or appropriate caution?

Reads: Villain is LAP. Raises before the flop with decent hands but not much aggression afterward. Only about 15 hands, though.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB folds, Villain calls.

I was hoping to fold out A-rag hands by representing the bigger ace.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

The donk bet after my flop raise made me wonder if the Aces helped him (55 maybe?) so I slowed down. I wasn't 80% sure I was beaten so I called.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

A_K 12-15-2005 02:26 AM

Re: MUBS or appropriate caution?

I think I might find a fold on the turn, particuarly given your read that villan is passive post-flop.

imported_leader 12-15-2005 02:27 AM

I don't get the flop raise. What do you want other players to fold here? They aren't folding a flush draw. Like 23 or 34? I'd rather call and see the turn. Given those two cards I'd probably call down as opposed to raising as some point.

shant 12-15-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the flop raise. What do you want other players to fold here? They aren't folding a flush draw. Like 23 or 34? I'd rather call and see the turn. Given those two cards I'd probably call down as opposed to raising as some point.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if they'll fold or not but I'd much rather they pay 2-bets with whatever they're drawing with. The flop raise is for value.

Songwind 12-15-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might find a fold on the turn, particuarly given your read that villan is passive post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's fairly passive, but not completely limp. I think he'd repop me if he had an A.

Felipe 12-15-2005 02:33 AM

I was hoping to fold out A-rag hands by representing the bigger ace.

Also, protecting your hand from somebody with 3/4clubs. (makes a straight with a '2'), and encouraging others to make bad and expensive calls. The pot is big, and there are many players behind you.

With only 15 hands on this guy, call down. I think folding is a mistake.

Well, does he slow play? Cause that was a dumb slowplay (he should have 3bet/4bet the flop, or C/R the river) If he likes to get sneaky with hands above a pair, maybe you can fold. But if this guy is poking you, hoping you'll fold, i call. Do you think he wanted you to call, or to fold? Generally do the opposite (hard to tell online though).

Any more reads on villain?

I hate situations like these too. I'd like to see if somebody advocates raising the turn.........

imported_leader 12-15-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if they'll fold or not but I'd much rather they pay 2-bets with whatever they're drawing with. The flop raise is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that we don't want them to fold. We want them to call drawing to runner-runner trips. It's .05/.10 I guess. So maybe it's irrelevant.

Felipe 12-15-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that we don't want them to fold. We want them to call drawing to runner-runner trips. It's .05/.10 I guess. So maybe it's irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that's right. We raise to protect our hand in this 10 bet pot. We have aces up, sure, but a gutshot will have odds to chase if we do not raise.

Perhaps it is a raise for value. Can we quantify that?

bravos1 12-15-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But by not raising, you are giving them correct odds to call at 12:1 and increasing w/ each caller.

BTW, what is MUBS?

Felipe 12-15-2005 02:39 AM

monsters under the bed