Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Knowing death imminent, Husband refuses to allow parents to be present (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223411)

Broken Glass Can 03-31-2005 11:16 AM

Knowing death imminent, Husband refuses to allow parents to be present

So she died without her parents present.

BTW, Terri Schiavo just died.

The once and future king 03-31-2005 11:17 AM

Re: Knowing death imminent, Husband refuses to allow parents to be pre

Who?

tek 03-31-2005 11:18 AM

Re: Knowing death imminent, Husband refuses to allow parents to be present

With all the crap they gave him all these years, I don't blame him.

Broken Glass Can 03-31-2005 11:27 AM

The latest update is less clear as to whether they were present or not - we will find out later.

In any case, at a minimum, they had to plead with the guy just to be with their daughter. Would you treat your in-laws this way?

Terri Schiavo Dies

Terri Schiavo (search) died Thursday morning around 10 a.m. EST after her parents had plead with her husband Michael Schiavo to allow them to be at their brain-damaged daughter's bedside in her final hours, a spokesman for the family said.

<font color="green">The Earlier Report: </font>

Per Foxnews Alert.

The Parents of Terri Schiavo have been told that they will not be allowed to see Terri again. Michael intends on spending the remaining time with Terri.

The Family even offered to be in the same room with Michael if that is the only way they could be with their daughter when she died, but Michael has rejected the request.

The Family has been told that they will not be allowed to see her again. ______________________________

Breaking: News announcing that Terri Schiavo has passed away. Prayers up.

Further update: The family requested to be with her as her condition worsened. They were told they could not, that Michael Schiavo would be the only one in with Terri during an assessment of her condition by her physician.

Her parents left and then were called back almost immediately. Immediate family members were allowed in with her after she passed away.

vulturesrow 03-31-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With all the crap they gave him all these years, I don't blame him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break. That is their child. And what sort of crap did they give him exactly, other than wanting to get custody of her?

MMMMMM 03-31-2005 11:43 AM

IMO this guy is scum.

nicky g 03-31-2005 11:51 AM

From the BBC:
"Her parents and their two other children were with her up to 15 minutes before she died.

A few minutes before she died, they were told to leave the room by Michael Schiavo, their spokesman said.

They were allowed back into the room after she died. "

I agree with you for once (assuming what they said is true), not cool at all.

wacki 03-31-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Parents of Terri Schiavo have been told that they will not be allowed to see Terri again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Terri's parent's were abusive child molesters, I don't understand why this is legal. This is the kind of [censored] that can get someone killed.

MMMMMM 03-31-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless Terri's parent's were abusive child molesters, I don't understand why this is legal. This is the kind of [censored] that can get someone killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read he kicked the priest or cardinal out too at that time.

It kind of makes it obvious what a control freak and an *sshole he is, and has been, all along.

dr_venkman 03-31-2005 11:59 AM

I sincerely, honestly and dearly hope I am never on trial with you as a juror.