Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   A favor to ask. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408052)

BigEndian 12-31-2005 12:36 AM

A favor to ask.

There is an incredible rash of players criticizing other players at the 10/20->20/40 tables. This is obviously stupid and I would hope that none of the posters/lurkers here would do this.

But if you are, please stop. If you seriously cannot take a beat from a player or you are under the delusion that you would rather be sitting with all "good" players, you are sitting at the wrong stakes. Move your ass down to 5/10 and learn some table manners.

- Jim

dave44 12-31-2005 03:43 PM

Re: A favor to ask.

are table manners taught at 5/10?

just joking- i agree with your request.

obsidian 12-31-2005 03:54 PM

I see it a lot but generally it is the bad players doing it. It really does suck.

Bremen 12-31-2005 03:59 PM

Sadly there is something about a poker table that just brings out the worst in human beings :-(

obsidian 12-31-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly there is something about money that just brings out the worst in human beings :-(

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

SackUp 12-31-2005 04:13 PM

I second this and also encourage those of us who see it to tell players to shut up and to defend the fish at all cost. I will berate the hell out of someone after a fish leaves or if I see jackass at another table.

drbk2 12-31-2005 04:20 PM

I don't really understand all this. The mid-limit players online are not only bad they love to talk trash and love being confrontational. They never leave as a result of someone berating their play, and they never ever play better either.

I used to agree that berating players online is bad, but these days I don't really see it as being a problem. Live poker of course is a different story

BigEndian 12-31-2005 04:31 PM

I disagree. Berating bad players online does change their play and generally tightens up the entire table. No one wants to have their pants pulled down - even online.

- Jim

SackUp 12-31-2005 04:39 PM

you want to keep the environment happy and lively. if no one says anything about their bad play then the players will think they are doing a great job and even if not doing a great job, they are having fun and will continue to do so.

no reason to ever make a fish second guess himself. in fact you should go out of your way to compliment his style of play. they need to feel like this is gamboooooooling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jason_t 12-31-2005 05:40 PM

I can't stand this. When it gets really bad I add the offending player to my buddy list and send him an invitation to a private table so that I can send him a message explaining the errors of his ways. This has been pretty effective in the few times I've resorted to it.