Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Place your bets... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357427)

CarlosChadha 10-14-2005 05:06 AM

Place your bets...

Here is the rather fishy line up for the live 5/10 SHOE+1/2 NLHE game I am hosting today:

Carlos
peterchi
john_1van
beta
Mike Emery
Jeffage
the pizza delivery boy

If I could figure out how to stick a voting function into the post, I would have...who will be the 2nd big winner (the pizza deliver boy of course being the first)??? To help aid your decision, here is an inside tip: I was recently spotted on PStars dumping $1400 at the 30/60 O8/b game in the name of "learning-how-to-read-omaha-hands" (what do you mean my low got counterfeited?!!?) and I still can't beat the 5/10 stub8/b. Cast your ballots, winner gets a cookie!

-Carlos

sexdrugsmoney 10-14-2005 05:56 AM

Re: Place your bets...

Mike Emery.

CarlosChadha 10-14-2005 06:04 AM

If you are feeling very smart, you could even rank the players or give odds. Another tip: it is 6am and I still haven't gone to bed yet...I might be slightly tired at game time.

blumpkin22 10-14-2005 06:46 AM

Jeffage, and it's not close.

lstream 10-14-2005 09:50 AM

Are there not "cruelty to pizza boy" laws where you live? How uncivilized.

BeerMoney 10-14-2005 09:56 AM

The pizza boy will get luckiest with Mike Emery.

beta1607 10-14-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pizza boy will get luckiest with Mike Emery.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Mikey, is he cute? Is he brown? Would he like to join us for a cocktail? Is he polite? Is he clean? Have him take off his shoes. Don't let him go!"

beta1607 10-14-2005 10:54 AM

I will rank myself:
Stud - No more than 4th best, probably 5th
Hold'em - No more then 4th best probably worse
Omaha 8 - No more then 5th best
NLHE - This is where I plan to make a huge suckout to come out the evening a winner.

Yarney 10-14-2005 11:21 AM

I'm gonna take my personal hometown hero petrchi. Do my proud buddy.

-Yarney

Roland 10-14-2005 12:46 PM

I’ll bet $10 on Jon.

Bartholow 10-14-2005 01:05 PM

I guess I'll take Jeffage because I'm not sure how well rounded everyone else is.

BeerMoney 10-14-2005 01:14 PM

Whoever is on Mike Emery's left.

blumpkin22 10-14-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Nick_Foxx 10-14-2005 03:05 PM

Looks like the only Stud/8 "regular" is John, so I'm gonna vote for him.

Mike

beta1607 10-14-2005 03:09 PM

We are playing stud hi.

Andy B 10-15-2005 12:01 PM

If I don't like the lineup for the $30/60 stud/8 game today, or if the game doesn't go (it's apparently gone three times during the first week of the tournament), I may have to catch a last-minute flight out there and see if I can't collect. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh, wait, John and Mike are meeting for beers at 10:30. Nemmind.

Without having any idea how any of you guys play O/8 or NLHE, I actually like jon and beta's chances. I'm guessing they'll probably take this a little more seriously than the big-time high-stakes players. Make it $30/60 and $2/5, and my money would definitely be on Jeff.

beta1607 10-15-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually like jon and beta's chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice. I was getting hit in the face with the deck which more then made up for paying off other hands like an ATM or accidently flashing Jeffage my cards when we were heads up.

Andy B 10-15-2005 12:39 PM

Truly, there is no substitute for catching cards.

jon_1van 10-15-2005 03:02 PM

This game was very entertaining. I like the mix.

We should keep it up.

beta1607 10-15-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We should keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. I have been reading about 2-7TD today..

Bartholow 10-15-2005 04:19 PM

I'd sure like to come to something like this on my frequent trips to the area...

10-15-2005 04:36 PM

Anyone up for something similar online for those that live far too far away?

mscags 10-15-2005 05:32 PM

How is the 30-60 8/b looking?

Michael Emery 10-15-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon was on my left. While he did get a lot of it, so did everyone else. "The Donater" lived up to his reputation. I had a lot of fun trying to bad beat people though, so the money was well spent.

[ QUOTE ]

We should keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Meanwhile I'll be brushing up on my triple draw and pot limit omaha games. Jeffage had too big of an edge being the only one who even knew the rules of triple draw.

Mike Emery

mscags 10-15-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Meanwhile I'll be brushing up on my triple draw and pot limit omaha games. Jeffage had too big of an edge being the only one who even knew the rules of triple draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

CarlosChadha 10-15-2005 07:30 PM

I played $1/$2 triple draw till 6am after you guys left...I am now an expert:-) You will feel my wrath next time. This was the most fun I've ever had playing live poker, thanks guys...best $200 I've ever spent. Good job picking the winner Andy, you get a cookie! Poker night will definitely be repeated in the near future:-)

Cheers,
Carlos

BeerMoney 10-15-2005 10:26 PM

Anybody else feel ridiculously jealous and left out they didn't get to be a part of this game?

Jeffage 10-15-2005 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile I'll be brushing up on my triple draw and pot limit omaha games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your PLO game looked just fine when you pushed that broadway freeroll down my throat. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff

Jeffage 10-15-2005 11:02 PM

It was a great time Carlos, much obliged for the invite. Definitely will be back next time, usually don't get to AC till Sat anyway when I go.

Jeff

beta1607 10-16-2005 12:16 AM

Ya the PLO didn't really work out well for you at all lastnight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Andy B 10-16-2005 03:55 AM

I was at Canterbury Friday and Saturday nights. Game didn't go either night. From what I understand from conversations with a few different people, the game went last Saturday and was not the juice-bowl I'm accustomed to. I'm not sitting in a toughish $30/60 game--sorry. It went Wednesday and was a good game. It went on Thursday, was shorthanded most of the time, and broke early. The joint was full by the time I got down there Friday afternoon and there was no game. Today was relatively quiet for a Saturday during the tournament. Local football fans, already despondent over the moral turpitude which engulfs the Vikings' camp, presumably committed hari-kari after the Gophers' collapse against the Badgers today. Or maybe people were banking on their Powerball tickets to get them even for the year, I dunno. Anyway, the $30/60 stud/8 list had exactly three names on it today. Tomorrow's tournament is the ladies' event, so I don't imagine the game will go tomorrow, either. I think I'll see if I can't find a Macanudo-friendly bar to watch my Giants run it up on the Cowboys and then hit Boiled in Lead in the evening.

$6/12 stud/8 has been going pretty regularly, though. I should be down there next Saturday. If $30/60 is going on Thursday, I may try to make an appearance.

MisterKing 10-17-2005 02:17 PM

I was up in AC, but am interested in playing should this game go in the future. Warning: I'd probably sit out of the stud rounds... I know better.

peterchi 10-17-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna take my personal hometown hero petrchi. Do my proud buddy.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I completely missed this thread since I don't read stud.

There's no way I had any hint of an edge in this game until Jeffage started going on bored-tilt playing these "micro"-limits.

Even then, I was still quite out of my element; I just got hit by the deck hard enough to be the 2nd winner on the night. I fully intend to spew it all back very soon.

jon_1van 10-17-2005 10:08 PM

I think you played well, even when you were busting up my KK NLHE and Omaha....