Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is this an easy, standard fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386521)

Karak567 11-28-2005 01:06 AM

Is this an easy, standard fold?

Villain is a bit LAG
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($217.75)
MP ($185.45)
CO ($373.48)
Button ($114.50)
SB ($114.20)
Hero ($369.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $5, SB (poster) calls $4, Hero calls $3, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, UTG calls $24, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($73) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB checksHero bets $35</font>, sb insta pushes, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $108

trumpman84 11-28-2005 02:20 AM

Re: Is this an easy, standard fold?

I'd be very cautious with this hand. You caught a top pair flop but it has 3 clubs and the most important part is that you do not have a club. I would lead at this flop, but once he calls, I'm checking behind the turn and maybe calling a half pot or less river bet on a blank. If I had the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in my hand, I'd play it more strongly because I have outs against hands that beat me, but right now, you have a hand that might already be losing and if it's not has a relatively high chance of losing by the river...not a good situation to be in.

RiverFenix 11-28-2005 02:24 AM

I wouldnt make it routine to bet this flop to the PFR and a caller to act behind.

PokerFink 11-28-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt make it routine to bet this flop to the PFR and a caller to act behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Check this flop. Keep this pot as small as possible and be willing to give it up on the flop. Leading into everyone for a PSB just gets you into messy situations.

scdavis0 11-28-2005 03:34 AM

Your flop bet is basically a bluff.

Simplistic 11-28-2005 03:46 AM

flop bet size is bad too.

ajmargarine 11-28-2005 03:54 AM

Playing top pair hands hard out of the blinds used to be a leak of mine. It's so easy to overplay these things and end up in a terrible spot OOP. I'm almost willing to say that your EV is slightly negative with TPGK out of the blinds, full ring more so than 6-max. I'm c/c'ing alot of my TP hands out of the blinds, keeping the pot small, and am very willing to let them go even though I might have the best hand.

11-28-2005 09:19 AM

You have to realize that in this hand you are either slightly ahead or way behind more times than not. For that reason, I don't think it's a bad idea to just c/f the flop. Even if you're ahead of his A-Q with a club, he's almost 50% to win and he has position on you. This is going to be a very difficult hand to play profitably OOP and so I don't mind just c/f the flop. Really by betting the flop you're just hoping he had JJ or QQ and folds right there. Not a good situation to be in.

Hattifnatt 11-28-2005 09:34 AM

I check behind here on the turn lots of the time. As played the fold is definitely in order after his c/r.

11-28-2005 11:13 AM

OK,
but what if it's a dryish board and not so many players?

Say you called a small(=&lt;3bb) pf-bet from the BB w/ KQs after a limp-call (UTG) + pfr (MP) + call in SB (4-way). Flop comes Q73 rb or 2-flush.

The limp-caller from UTG just might hold AQ, and so could the pfr. Do you bet that flop or check-fold or check-call?

And if you bet - how much?

/Jaxz