Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Matusow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370402)

revots33 11-02-2005 01:16 PM

Matusow

For a while I thought this guy was entertaining - obnoxious, but in a mostly harmless kinda way. But after watching this year's WSOP I'm convinced he's just a tool. His annoying fake laugh when Raymer got moved to his table was bad enough, but what really got me was his condescending, "I'm in the presence of a Wuuuurld Champ-eeon. I feel so priv-e-lidged!" Gotta hand it to Fossilman for having the restraint to ignore him. Now there's 2 opposite ends of the spectrum in the class department.

TheBlueMonster 11-02-2005 01:19 PM

Re: Matusow

[ QUOTE ]
For a while I thought this guy was entertaining - obnoxious, but in a mostly harmless kinda way. But after watching this year's WSOP I'm convinced he's just a tool. His annoying fake laugh when Raymer got moved to his table was bad enough, but what really got me was his condescending, "I'm in the presence of a Wuuuurld Champ-eeon. I feel so priv-e-lidged!" Gotta hand it to Fossilman for having the restraint to ignore him. Now there's 2 opposite ends of the spectrum in the class department.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, I couldn't disagree more. Nothing about what Mike did in that situation reeks of obnoxiousness. If anything it was a humorous reaction to the perceived tension between the two. I never thought for a second that there was any ill will with his comments.

DonkeyChip 11-02-2005 01:32 PM

IMO, of the two episodes last night, the one with MM at the featured table was by far the more entertaining of the two. I agree about MM and GR at opposite ends of the class spectrum. But I like contrast.

27offsuit 11-02-2005 01:50 PM

Gots to love Matusow.

What did he say?......"Kiddie table.....down the street."

Love it.

MonkeeMan 11-02-2005 02:11 PM

He's a douche. And what about his angle shooting with fake moving of his chips into the middle of the table and then pulling them out. Douche.

Sykes 11-02-2005 02:34 PM

Much <3 for Mike.

Poker poker, it's all skill
Start with the worst hand, and work uphill.

Tell me that's not f'ing hilarious.

11-02-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Much <3 for Mike.

Poker poker, it's all skill
Start with the worst hand, and work uphill.

Tell me that's not f'ing hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a great player who plays to win (and he'll tell you 1000 times a day), he is obnoxious enough to put others on tilt (and himself sometimes), and really really knows how to play. How you could not respect that is beyond me.

tonypaladino 11-02-2005 04:44 PM

I kinda like him.

cwsiggy 11-02-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did he say?......"Kiddie table.....down the street."

[/ QUOTE ]

He also said this to Prahlad after making an absolutley crazy call (ace high only) for a winning 20k pot. This really pissed off Mahatma and started the awesome banter between them. Prahlad then of course busted Mike within the hour.

Exitonly 11-02-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda like him.

[/ QUOTE ]