Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Another questionable river call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323232)

Roy6 08-26-2005 07:21 AM

Another questionable river call

Button is known retard (94/54/2.70)

On the river I split with any Q, so I decided to call.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Poldi 08-26-2005 07:40 AM

Re: Another questionable river call

I fold preflop, but as he is so bad, a call is okay.
I hate the call on the flop. The board is as drawy as it gets. If you play you need to raise to get it HU.
The turn card is awful, unless he bets with any 2 (which his stats look like) I dont like calling it down in this small pot.

meow_meow 08-26-2005 08:38 AM

You don't split with any Q, you only split with Q6, Q4-2.
I don't think you have odds to call the turn, even with the flush draw.

08-26-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop, but as he is so bad, a call is okay.
I hate the call on the flop. The board is as drawy as it gets. If you play you need to raise to get it HU.
The turn card is awful, unless he bets with any 2 (which his stats look like) I dont like calling it down in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is wrong on all streets, although a flop raise may be better than a call. You do realize he has a flush draw on the turn, right?

kelvin474 08-26-2005 10:55 AM

Why do you need odds? Check out how nutso the button is. Surely calling the turn is correct getting 3.5:1 on about 9 outs that will almost always win. Against a player with the given ridiculous aggression and looseness, why does he have to have anything at all? I think you can toss in a few times when you're either ahead, or a goofy 6 or Q river puts you ahead. I probably call then call the river. Heck, if your behind, theres 2 aces that chop for you too. and another one that might chop.

Edit: this is in response to meow_meow.

kelvin474 08-26-2005 10:58 AM

You split with Q8 too.

goofball 08-26-2005 11:36 AM

I have no problem with most of hit. I would have showed more strength on the flop though. YOu just can't trust these 95/50 types.

zimmer879 08-26-2005 12:56 PM

Check raise the flop

einbert 08-26-2005 01:02 PM

Um this guy is basically a maniac based on those numbers.

I would raise and cap the flop, but once the turn card comes down I go into calldown mode.