Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Minh Ly at the Main Event.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376250)

Hasy 11-11-2005 05:43 AM

Minh Ly at the Main Event....

What is the deal with ESPN not covering any of minh lys hands from the main event??? and If im not mistaken on the latest telecasts they didn't show his bust hand or mention which place he went out in.... I also heard something about him and matusow getting into it... I was hoping to see that

cpitt398 11-11-2005 06:17 AM

Re: Minh Ly at the Main Event....

He was bitchng about that last night to one of the players at my table. TV only cares about people who are marketable, that much is obvious.

yellowjack 11-11-2005 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Minh Ly at the Main Event....

[/ QUOTE ]

looks stoned

A_Junglen 11-11-2005 08:01 AM

Tim Phan was hardly shown either, and I was really looking forward to him play.

Kevmath 11-11-2005 08:42 AM

I think they only mentioned that he finished 19th. Maybe there'll be a mention regarding Ly v Matusow on next Tuesday's show.

Indiana 11-11-2005 09:32 AM

Minh is the best player in the world. He just needs to spend less time on poker and more on English. The dealers at the Bellagio told me that Doyle, Chip, and Ivey are all fish at the big game when playing w/ Minh.

Indy

11-11-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minh is the best player in the world. He just needs to spend less time on poker and more on English. The dealers at the Bellagio told me that Doyle, Chip, and Ivey are all fish at the big game when playing w/ Minh.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealers are full of it. If they were such experts on cash game play they wouldn't be poker dealers anymore. Unless they watch this big game for a long period of time and Doyle, Chip, and Ivey are losing money in it there is no way you could consider them fish. To say that Minh was a better player would even be a stretch unless there was a long period of results providing evidence of his dominance

jeffraider 11-11-2005 07:38 PM

Yeah what's the deal with missing any real activity of two excellent asian players, and we've gotta watch Bernard Lee show pictures of his family every ten seconds?

TomHimself 11-11-2005 07:40 PM

no tommy vu either

;(

sketchy1 11-11-2005 10:12 PM

the dealers you talked to are probably the same morons who donate their pay back in the games at the bellagio. how the hell could you ever believe that doyle ivey and chip are losers in that game? are you really that gullible?