Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   raised 99 with Ace on flop against pfreraiser (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401525)

friends 12-19-2005 06:32 PM

raised 99 with Ace on flop against pfreraiser

Prima, 0.5/1

Average VPT 21-23%

Hero is on UTG with 99.
Button - 13/6/2.5 acc. to 250hands.

Hero raises, everyone folds, button reraises, hero calls.
Flop (7.5Sb) - 2 3 A
Hero?

2 question:
1) Should I cap preflop (to represent lately stronger hand)?
2) Should I continue on flop (bet or check-raise)?

Possible button hands: AQ, AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT.
I am beaten anyway, but the probability of KK, QQ, JJ, and TT is about 30%, TAG may fold them with Ace on flop.

Sykes 12-19-2005 06:39 PM

Re: raised 99 with Ace on flop against pfreraiser

A good TAG player will never fold KK-TT on that flop.

Simply check/fold is the right play because giving his stats, he won't 3 bet KQs.

12-19-2005 06:54 PM

friends-

Don't cap preflop with 99.

Sykes is correct, check/fold. Hero missed this flop and doesn't have the odds to continue, especially against a TAG.

Do you normally play tables this tight? If so, I recommned seeking out some looser tables.

Regards, LG

friends 12-19-2005 07:00 PM

Prima 0.5/1 is always in range of 20-25 vpt.
Perhaps I will switch to Party in a couple of weeks.

tiltaholic 12-19-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
friends-

Sykes is correct, check/fold. Hero missed this flop and doesn't have the odds to continue, especially against a TAG.

Do you normally play tables this tight? If so, I recommned seeking out some looser tables.

Regards, LG

[/ QUOTE ]

he's likely weak - so i'd fire a bet on the flop.
what hands raise UTG but won't cap it preflop? any tag will know you have AQ or AJ...if he has JJ-KK he's folding a lot here.

(and i wouldn't cap preflop out of position against this guy)

12-19-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friends-

Regards, LG

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands raise UTG but won't cap it preflop? any tag will know you have AQ or AJ...if he has JJ-KK he's folding a lot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, tilt, you rock. What would your play be if he raises? Fold? Call and fold turn UI?

friends 12-19-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friends-

Regards, LG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get 1:7 to my flop bet, that means I need only 14% of success to break even. According to probability of 30% of KK, QQ, JJ, TT, TAG should fold half of the time with such hands to give me the profit.
I think the bet on TAG would be correct, weak players as I notice calls their QQ to the end anyway.

Sykes 12-20-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friends-

Regards, LG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get 1:7 to my flop bet, that means I need only 14% of success to break even. According to probability of 30% of KK, QQ, JJ, TT, TAG should fold half of the time with such hands to give me the profit.
I think the bet on TAG would be correct, weak players as I notice calls their QQ to the end anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be weak then because I'm NEVER releasing QQ on this board.

Augster 12-20-2005 02:40 AM

I'd bet the flop.

If raised, I suppose you could dump because the pot is small, and given his stats, you are most likely behind.

If he only calls, I'm checking the turn and folding to a bet.

Just hope he's tight-weak, but with a 2.5 agg, he's re-raising or calling down.

12-20-2005 02:42 AM

your possible plays are:

1. check/fold
this is the safest, low variance play. Given the button's stats this probably the best play.

2. bet to see where you are
the most likely scenario is you bet, he calls, you check, he bets, you fold. A player this tight most likely will not fold, and the moment you show weakness he'll probably bet you.

3. check-raise
tricky plays like this at low limits are probably pointless, but he'll probably remember you forever if you show down the 99.