Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How much to be an assassin? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324967)

Michael Emery 08-29-2005 03:36 AM

How much to be an assassin?

So how much would someone have to pay you to be an assassin? I realize for most people the answer would probably be "there is no amount". But surely some must have their price. So lets hear it. We'll assume the following:

A mob boss comes up to you and is willing to pay you "x" dollars to commit a hit, using any weapon of choice, which he will kindly provide. The hit is not difficult. The target is an 80 year old woman who lives by herself in an isolated house. The house has no security alarm and she is not a gun owner. Bottom line, its a piece of cake. What is "x" dollars for you? Be honest.....

Mike Emery

Matador225 08-29-2005 03:39 AM

Re: How much to be an assassin?

As I have often pondered over this very question, I will give you my well thought out answer...No I'm just kidding. I honestly don't think I would do it for any price but perhaps if I were to actually see the money in bill form in a briefcase right in front of me I would reconsider.

JoshuaD 08-29-2005 03:41 AM

I seriously think I'd opt out. I'm the sort of guy who will do anything for money, but I think this is something I'd regret forever.

PLOlover 08-29-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No women, no children.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-29-2005 03:41 AM

I guess 2 months ago I would have said nothing. But, now, I don't know, maybe 3-4 eight balls. Actually, make it 2 and it is done.

t.b.

p.s. I am teasing. Might as well make fun of my problem.

08-29-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No women, no children.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, there much better off left here to do the grieving and suffering

Michael Davis 08-29-2005 03:47 AM

It varies depending on how likely I am to get caught, but I'd take out pretty much anyone for 200k. This old lady, 50k and maybe even less.

-Michael

pearljam 08-29-2005 03:48 AM

I would do it for $300,000, enough to significantly change my life.

Luzion 08-29-2005 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It varies depending on how likely I am to get caught, but I'd take out pretty much anyone for 200k. This old lady, 50k and maybe even less.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to include any "guilt" factor? You wouldnt blink an eye to kill an old lady or a young kid?

Michael Davis 08-29-2005 03:54 AM

"No need to include any "guilt" factor? You wouldnt blink an eye to kill an old lady or a young kid?"

I would feel guilty, sure. I don't understand why I should feel worse for killing a little kid than a grown man, however. I never understood that.

-Michael

jokerthief 08-29-2005 04:00 AM

$12

Luzion 08-29-2005 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel guilty, sure. I don't understand why I should feel worse for killing a little kid than a grown man, however. I never understood that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im just asking from the viewpoint of this being our first kill, so the guilt may play a bigger factor. You are right of course, if you have already decided to kill someone, then you shouldnt be too worried about something as small as guilt.

And boy, if you cant figure out why you are "supposed" to feel more guilty for killing a kid instead of a grown man then maybe you really have it in you! Even Tony Montana couldnt handle blowing up that car with the wife and kids in it.

ScottyP431 08-29-2005 04:08 AM

I think there is a linear relationship between how much money would it take to kill someone, and how annoying/infuriating they are. It's a tough one for grannie because senior citizens, though slow and a danger behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. As for a blanket price to kill someone, i would say whatever amount of money would allow me to fill a king sized bed with 100's to a height of around 10 inches, so i could then swim around in it saying "oh yes, kyles money, awesome". This price could easily be reduced if the mark in question:

-used the term "chillax"
-drove the speed limit in the fast lane
-watched the OC
-made horrible trades in online monopoly allowing the person clearly in last place to leap frog and win the game
-frequently displayed their "freestyle rap" skills while drunk and uninvited at my apartment
-preferred friends to seinfeld
-has ever said "the book was better" in response to the question, have you seen "x movie"
-has read a Harry potter book while they were an age >12
-was a female friend who frequently leans on you/holds your arm or hand/sits on your lap when you are talking to another girl, but wont take one for the team herself

If the person in question did any of those, and i was assured to get away with it, i would ask for gas money.. but not require it

siccjay 08-29-2005 04:27 AM

Awesome post. A+

ucfryan 08-29-2005 04:32 AM

Wouldn't do it for all the money in the world.

fimbulwinter 08-29-2005 04:40 AM

this post, minus the intro, made this thread worth reading.

fim

Escape 08-29-2005 10:48 AM

Old woman: 15k
Kids: Fun.

CCass 08-29-2005 10:58 AM

Private Joker - "How can you shoot women and children?"
Door Gunner - "Easy, you don't lead 'em so much (laughs)ain't war hell?"

tolbiny 08-29-2005 11:04 AM

No greater good here? with that kind of cash you could prevent hndreds of murders/deaths.

BeerMoney 08-29-2005 11:06 AM

This is the best post I've read on 2+2 in a while.

Mike, I wouldn't kill someone for any amount of $$.

I'm not going to say the guilt would overwhelm me, but it could. I would never ever risk spending a lifetime in jail either. There's no price that makes that punishment worth it.

You suck.

Beer$$

TheWorstPlayer 08-29-2005 11:07 AM

There is no question that for $1MM I am hitting the bitch like there's no tomorrow. And I would very seriously consider doing it for less. Perhaps even half as much. Right now that money would make a big difference in my life and killing some stupid old hag won't.

jackdaniels 08-29-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't do it for all the money in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVER.

lucas9000 08-29-2005 11:12 AM

potd. you and gorie should mate to produce the interweb forum messiah.

poker-penguin 08-29-2005 11:33 AM

I'll pay $5000 now, give me a year to get the rest together if you want more.

Ohh, you mean people get PAID for assasinations? Me and Fat Tony have got to have a talk.

sexdrugsmoney 08-29-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how much would someone have to pay you to be an assassin? I realize for most people the answer would probably be "there is no amount". But surely some must have their price. So lets hear it. We'll assume the following:

A mob boss comes up to you and is willing to pay you "x" dollars to commit a hit, using any weapon of choice, which he will kindly provide. The hit is not difficult. The target is an 80 year old woman who lives by herself in an isolated house. The house has no security alarm and she is not a gun owner. Bottom line, its a piece of cake. What is "x" dollars for you? Be honest.....

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I've pondered this question many a time wishing to lead this lifestyle.

What's not to love? (Grosse Point Blank was a great movie!)

But there's a lil' verse in the Bible that says something to the effect of:

"what good is it if a man gains the whole world but loses his own soul?"

And *sigh* it's right. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AZK 08-29-2005 12:36 PM

How many professional assassins do you know? Do these jobs even really exist? Come back from movie land.

swede123 08-29-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many professional assassins do you know? Do these jobs even really exist? Come back from movie land.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many supermodels do I know? Yet I enjoy talking about tiny flaws in their bodies and why I'd reject them. Realism is not a prerequisite for picking topics for OOT discussions.

Swede

PocketJokers72 08-29-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a linear relationship between how much money would it take to kill someone, and how annoying/infuriating they are. It's a tough one for grannie because senior citizens, though slow and a danger behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. As for a blanket price to kill someone, i would say whatever amount of money would allow me to fill a king sized bed with 100's to a height of around 10 inches, so i could then swim around in it saying "oh yes, kyles money, awesome". This price could easily be reduced if the mark in question:

-used the term "chillax"
-drove the speed limit in the fast lane
-watched the OC
-made horrible trades in online monopoly allowing the person clearly in last place to leap frog and win the game
-frequently displayed their "freestyle rap" skills while drunk and uninvited at my apartment
-preferred friends to seinfeld
-has ever said "the book was better" in response to the question, have you seen "x movie"
-has read a Harry potter book while they were an age >12
-was a female friend who frequently leans on you/holds your arm or hand/sits on your lap when you are talking to another girl, but wont take one for the team herself

If the person in question did any of those, and i was assured to get away with it, i would ask for gas money.. but not require it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know someone that, by using your equation, you would actually OWE me money after you killed them.

imported_The Vibesman 08-29-2005 01:01 PM

A lot of it would depend on the job, but I think $50,000 is a good starting point.

tolbiny 08-29-2005 01:05 PM

Do i get to have sex with her corpse?
Its all about the fringe benefits.

imported_The Vibesman 08-29-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do i get to have sex with her corpse?
Its all about the fringe benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best answer by far, IMO.

CanKid 08-29-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why I should feel worse for killing a little kid than a grown man, however. I never understood that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the scene in Private Parts when Howard is going on about a grenade kill in a school, and how a kill is a kill.

flatline 08-29-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the best post I've read on 2+2 in a while.

Mike, I wouldn't kill someone for any amount of $$.

I'm not going to say the guilt would overwhelm me, but it could. I would never ever risk spending a lifetime in jail either. There's no price that makes that punishment worth it.

You suck.

Beer$$

[/ QUOTE ]

For the purpose of the question, I think you should assume that you have no chance of getting caught.

As for me, I would have to get something in the millions, because I would have to give a ton to charity to think I overwhealmingly counterbalanced the harm I did.

For those who say that they would not do it for any amount of money, are you using the "going to hell" logic? If not, you are talking nonsense. You wouldn't do it for $10 trillion? An amount of money that would allow you to save/improve countless lives?

TheBlueMonster 08-29-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

No women, no children.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kind of ironic that someone with the name "PLOlover" would quote that line.

swede123 08-29-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

No women, no children.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It'd be a hell of a lot more ironic if this was a "Arafat is the greatest" message board rather than a poker board.

Swede

-Skeme- 08-29-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

TheBlueMonster 08-29-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No women, no children.

It'd be a hell of a lot more ironic if this was a "Arafat is the greatest" message board rather than a poker board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. But such a potentially incendiary screen name begs attention.

TheWorstPlayer 08-29-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLO on Google

Shajen 08-29-2005 01:42 PM

Yes, because Pot Limit Omaha is a firestorm in the religious world.

TheBlueMonster 08-29-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO on Google

[/ QUOTE ]

It basically was a terrorist organization (think the forerunner for Al Qaida) that masquerading as a "liberating force" .....in case you don't read all the entries