Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How athletic are you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340176)

09-19-2005 08:53 PM

Re: How athletic are you?

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't it surprising that most of the online respondents consider themselves extremely athletic? Something tells me a body fat test would garner much different results... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
This was a major motivation behind my posting this poll. I suspected these results, however, maybe all the unathletic people don't browse the sports forum.

Sluss 09-20-2005 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I can go like 1.5 minutes during "doing it" (sometimes even 2 minutes).

[/ QUOTE ] Wow, you would think you could make it through the whole scene. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

valenzuela 09-20-2005 02:02 PM

21-40...I do play baby-football( 5 a side soccer)but Im a goalie.

VarlosZ 09-20-2005 07:17 PM

Wow, that's an astounding coincidence. Apparently, the fittest people in the world are those who spend all day at a poker table or in front of a computer.

If people were being honest with themselves, those results would be inverted, with 40% in the lowest group and 4% in the highest.

09-20-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's an astounding coincidence. Apparently, the fittest people in the world are those who spend all day at a poker table or in front of a computer.

If people were being honest with themselves, those results would be inverted, with 40% in the lowest group and 4% in the highest.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted a comparison, since I put up an IQ poll in the SMP forum. We have a lot of people with an IQ over 145 there. I believe a lot of people have a distorted self-image.

Sluss 09-21-2005 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Oddly enough half of the time I spend playing poker online I do while on the treadmill. I find that I don't go on tilt as easily. Of course I did vote 41-60% [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

jakethebake 09-21-2005 08:44 AM

Am I the only one that thinks these results are probably inverted?

BreakfastBurrito 09-21-2005 10:47 AM

I think a big problem with this poll is that "athletic" is actually pretty vague. It's not clear if by athletic you're referring to inate talent or current fitness level.

Someone who knows that they're athletic because they were an All Conference receiver in high school will still think they're 80-100% even if they've put on some weight. Someone else who may suck at any coordination requiring sport but who lifts and runs and is in good physical condition will also put 80-100%. I think therein lies the problem.

irishpint 09-21-2005 01:52 PM

im on the college rugby team. lift weights 4 days a week. am running a 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks. i said 81-100%. We can disagree if you want to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cdxx 09-21-2005 02:20 PM

i can run a 7-minute mile and play 3 full-court basketball games back-to-back-to-back once a week. where do you think i fall? male/25