Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   54s on a 6h5h4h flop. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349191)

A_C_Slater 10-03-2005 12:27 AM

54s on a 6h5h4h flop.

{ Greektown 5-10, Eight handed )

BB seems to fold more than most at the table and HJ is a old Asian gentleman that plays conservativly post flop, and any ace preflop, and probably worse.

3 limps, I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, SB calls, BB checks.

6 players--- (6 SB)
FLOP: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, 3 calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, 2 folds (I guess my image is either really good or really bad, depending on your perspective,) Old Asian guy calls, I call.

3 players --- (7 BB)
TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, Old Asian dude calls, I call.

3 players --- (10 BB)
RIVER: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, fold, I call.

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 12:32 AM

Re: 54s on a 6h5h4h flop.

I'd call the flop, then wait for a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn to raise. Given the way you played it, I still raise the turn.

thesharpie 10-03-2005 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call the flop, then wait for a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn to raise. Given the way you played it, I still raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argus 10-03-2005 12:52 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll third this excellent advice. I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated. No heart or six is folding the flop, and you'll be better able exploit your edge on the turn. If a heart falls you'll be happy you waited because it saved you money, and if one doesn't (nor another 6), you'll be happy you waited because it gained you more.

A_C_Slater 10-03-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll third this excellent advice. I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated. No heart or six is folding the flop, and you'll be better able exploit your edge on the turn. If a heart falls you'll be happy you waited because it saved you money, and if one doesn't (nor another 6), you'll be happy you waited because it gained you more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have to worry about a 3 or a 7. I was thinking I should have just called the flop, like you guy's said, but I'm also thinking maybe I should even just call the turn and river as well.

I basically think it would have been best to play this whole hand like a call station.

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to worry about a 3 or a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? No one is folding on the flop, or the turn for that matter with either of these holdings. You're getting more money in on the turn when they don't hit. If you got shown a better 2 pair, fine, don't sweat it. But not raising this hand if giving up too much IMO.

MCS 10-03-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated.

[/ QUOTE ]

But in SSHE wasn't the pot bigger? I play it the same. Then when I win, I ask why I didn't raise the turn. Donkbets baffle me.

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donkbets baffle me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donkbets on a 3-flush flop are almost always a non-flush made hand. This shouldn't be baffling at all.

10-03-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, BB bets, 3 calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, 2 folds (I guess my image is either really good or really bad, depending on your perspective,) Old Asian guy calls,I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone else raise or is this just a typo?

OnkelHotte 10-03-2005 11:46 AM

I think this is one of the rare cases where waiting for a turn blank to raise is the best play, cause a blank on the turn increases ur pott equity dramatically.