Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A Live Hand DeathDonkey Told Me To Post (NC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315319)

Hojglad 08-14-2005 11:29 PM

A Live Hand DeathDonkey Told Me To Post (NC)

Live 3/6 at the Desert Diamond.

Some history before the hand: Villain in this hand is an idiot LAG. In a prior hand he went 4 bets on the flop versus my friend with Q high. My friend had pocket 8s and villain rivered him with a Q.

Now, villain has about 70 bucks in chips in front of him - I have him covered.

I'm dealt JJ utg and I raise. Villain cold-calls, everyone else folds. The flop comes 852, suits irrelevant. I bet out, villain raises, I three bet, he four bets. At this point, I'm thinking "what the hell?" Now, Desert Diamond has no cap on heads up betting, so I say "fine, five." Villain instantly says six...

How many bets do we go?

Results to follow.

DCWildcat 08-14-2005 11:31 PM

Re: A Live Hand DeathDonkey Told Me To Post (NC)

Well, if he had 70 PF, his cold call makes for 58 on the flop. The cap makes it 34, his 6-bet makes it 22, so you can get in four more bets.

Do it.

Edit: Whoops, he already 6-betted.

Double Edit: See below

Hojglad 08-14-2005 11:32 PM

These are small bets, not big bets. 3 dollars a pop.

DCWildcat 08-14-2005 11:34 PM

I am stupid.

Shillx 08-14-2005 11:34 PM

Gonna pull a Mike l. and go 13-bets with the Jakes? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like going 13 here (and folding to a 14-bet of course) just so I can laugh my ass off. That alone should be worth it.

BTW - That would be about as good as Chris 4-betting the flop and instamucking to a 5-bet when he held top pair against top set. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brad

Hojglad 08-14-2005 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's ok, so am I.

AdamL 08-14-2005 11:36 PM

Has he ever gone to six bets before? If so what did he have? When will he stop raising and start calling?

I say keep going until you get to a point where this is out of character, even for him, and then call down from there.

DCWildcat 08-14-2005 11:36 PM

So in this case, he's thrown in 8 bets already, leaving him with 46, meaning you can get 15 more bets out.

I don't really have experience with this kind of situation. For argument's sake I'll say get everything in.

I'm gonna take a shot and say that's what your friend did and villain showed QQ or some such

Hojglad 08-14-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has he ever gone to six bets before? If so what did he have? When will he stop raising and start calling?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he hadn't. That's only because everyone else at the table was too much of a nit to make it 5. Suffice it to say he had an annoyed look on his face when I made it 5.

Hojglad 08-14-2005 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna take a shot and say that's what your friend did and villain showed QQ or some such

[/ QUOTE ]
The intro I gave was in a previous hand. These Jacks were mine.