Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QQ vs. A high flop heads - up on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404537)

12-24-2005 07:39 AM

QQ vs. A high flop heads - up on the flop

I only ended up with 7 hands with Opponent before he got up and left. During that time he played a couple of hands and I didn't see any showdowns. So, no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

MrEngenic 12-24-2005 11:26 AM

Re: QQ vs. A high flop heads - up on the flop

I definately fold the turn here.
I also don't like the flop raise, I would just call this down or raise turn for a free showdown if I can fold to 3bet or a river donk.

damaniac 12-24-2005 11:33 AM

I realize there are some draws he could have, but given the pot size I'm fairly content just to call down, betting if check to probably.

Nick C 12-24-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize there are some draws he could have, but given the pot size I'm fairly content just to call down, betting if check to probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the plan I would take too.

That ace makes it hard to get a lot of value out of your hand. Which is unfortunate, since QQ is a great hand to have in a blind-steal situation.

W. Deranged 12-24-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. There is only one overcard to our hand, and we're happy to let villain keep betting a 9. If he checks to us, we can bet happily for value.

As played, I'm reluctant to fold to the turn donk. Villain often would check-raise an A or flush here on the turn. The turn donk may be a "I have a 9 and thought you had an A but that second A makes me think you are less likely to" bet. It is a blind steal situation.

But, then again, not wanting to get into a situation where I want to fold is a reason I don't raise the flop in the first place.

silkyslim 12-24-2005 04:28 PM

HU there is no real reason to raise the flop. just call down. I would fold the turn because he has a made hand (Re: ace) and is trying to avoid giving you a free card.

12-24-2005 05:54 PM

Thanks for the comments. I like the no raise on the flop line you have given and call down to the river or bet if opponent slows down.

12-24-2005 08:33 PM

I think I would just call the flop bet, and then call down.IF he checks to me on the turn or river, Im betting. But given the action that transpired; I am calling the turn bet and calling the river.