Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Anybody see a ton of value with Florida -3.5 at SC? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376188)

11-11-2005 02:36 AM

Anybody see a ton of value with Florida -3.5 at SC?

I'm not trying to be a homer but I think Florida looks STRONG against South Carolina at the Gamecocks this Saturday. The Gators have been up and down this year, but I think they'll be ready to go after an abysmal showing against Vanderbilt. I think this line is based solely on that.

Chris Leak hasn't lived up to the expectations but he still is in tune for a good game. Not to mention that somehow, someway, the Florida Gators are one Georgia loss away and a victory in this game towards heading to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game.

South Carolina has won four in a row but none of the wins impress me. Tennessee is a beaten up football team without a QB. South Carolina was in a dogfight with Arkansas and the Gamecocks struggled through 3 quarters with the Kentucky Wildcats, at home, before blowing the doors open.

Also Florida's defense has had a strong season. They tired out last week against Vanderbilt allowing 2 touchdowns in about 2 minutes in the fourth quarter. Still they have a lot of speed and a pretty staunch defensive line.

DeShawn Wynn is a tough runner that should be able to chip away at the South Carolina front.

Two years from now South Carolina may very well win this game. I just don't think the ole ball coach has the talent level to contend.

Florida 24 South Carolina 10

TomCollins 11-11-2005 11:35 AM

Re: Anybody see a ton of value with Florida -3.5 at SC?

Replace Florida with ND and the line instantly moves to 14 or more. The expectation is that Florida is having a bad year, when they aren't really, they just play in the SEC. SC barely beat Tenn, a team that has given up. Tons of value.

primetimenole 11-11-2005 01:07 PM

I like the bet and I may just bet on UF and hope they lose so I'm happy either way. That's what happened when I bet on UF-4 at Bama earlier in the season.

On a side note, when I've seen you post before I was hoping that your "FGators" handle meant F*** the Gators. I guess not...LOL

Good Luck,

PTN

11-11-2005 02:40 PM

Well, SC looked better against both Vandy and UT than Florida did.

Not saying that Florida won't cover, just that I don't consider this a necessarily out-of-whack line.

TomCollins 11-11-2005 05:14 PM

Yeah, but Florida looked better against Georgia.

11-11-2005 07:01 PM

Georgia without their QB, that is.

11-12-2005 01:31 AM

Spurrier will pull out all the stops to beat his old team. SC wins outright.

11-12-2005 03:04 PM

SC 20-12 at the half with the Cocks punching in a 4th and goal TD. But maybe Florida with the momentum now after returned XP and then a TD?

11-12-2005 03:13 PM

Meyer sucks? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]