Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What holds you back the most? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285991)

Moonsugar 07-04-2005 02:15 PM

What holds you back the most?

Success in SnGs requires technical profeciency, but also requires psychological strength. What do you think holds you back the most: Weakness in the technical aspects of the game or psychological 'problems'?

Moonsugar 07-04-2005 02:17 PM

Re: What holds you back the most?

I voted psychological. While I am not world class on the technical aspects of poker or tournies by any means I lose more money due to psychological 'blunders' (making the wrong play even when I know the right one) than technical mistakes.

To me it is a big problem becuase the technical parts are easier to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

eastbay 07-04-2005 02:21 PM

Time.

eastbay

FieryJustice 07-04-2005 02:22 PM

Losing 10k a day makes me sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Moonsugar 07-04-2005 02:24 PM

That's not an option.

Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

ChuckNorris 07-04-2005 03:36 PM

I sometimes feel guilty for not feeling almost at all bad when I lose >10 buy-ins in a session. I think to myself: "am I taking this too lightly? Is this happy-go-lucky attitude dangerous or something?" But I guess I'm just lucky for not being apt to tilt or something. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I just don't get people who go on tilt and feel bad over short-term results. I haven't had THAT bad downswings yet though.. Or maybe I have, I just haven't kept track of them.

DonButtons 07-04-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try negative 80 buyins at one point in 388 sngs, prob. the worst side of variance.

edit: damn one day, thats nuts. I had a -30 buyin day after like 72 sngs, but thats the worst Ive seen, this is at the 109s.

jeffraider 07-04-2005 04:08 PM

Definitely technical. I'm getting there (especially after spending the morning fiddling with SNGPT, who knew I was pissing so much money away with KQo?) but I still feel lost a lot of the time. Psychologically, I'm a little zen butterfly.

MegaBet 07-04-2005 04:27 PM

I do have a tendancy of getting upset when a known bad player makes a huge mistake, but gets lucky. It's something I am working on. Definitely psychological.

raptor517 07-04-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try negative 80 buyins at one point in 388 sngs, prob. the worst side of variance.

edit: damn one day, thats nuts. I had a -30 buyin day after like 72 sngs, but thats the worst Ive seen, this is at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn you suck. holla