Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hand against Bart (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362334)

BeerMoney 10-21-2005 09:33 AM

Hand against Bart

15/30, pacific poker. $2 ante, $5 bring in.

Bring in on my immediate right, Beer calls the completion and has 666, Bart on my immediate left completes with A showing, all other cards fold, my 6's are live, his Aces are live. I call his completion.

4th street, i catch a live jack, bart pairs his doorcard with an ace [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] . What do i do?

Jeffage 10-21-2005 09:37 AM

Re: Hand against Bart

Call. He doesn't have to have trip aces here. He could have a buried pair or have started with three big cards. Then proceed to play well on subsequent streets. Your call should scare him if he doesn't have trips and he will probably slow down after the obligatory 5th street bets. If he keeps firing, keep calling b/c then it's a race. I'm not folding.

Jeff

BeerMoney 10-21-2005 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your call should scare him if he doesn't have trips and he will probably slow down after the obligatory 5th street bets.
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what's bad though.

Jeffage 10-21-2005 09:47 AM

It is what it is. If you raise, he may even fold aces only. Calling is the proper play in my opinion.

Jeff

jon_1van 10-21-2005 09:52 AM

If he indeed has AAA you are still have 25% equity.

Because he didn't need to have AA to complete (espically in a slightly larger ante game) go ahead and call down. I think folding isn't a terrible play iff (yes, iff) you caught a super dead card on 4th AND there is some reason to think it wouldn't have been A44 (or similar)

beta1607 10-21-2005 09:59 AM

I posted a similar hand to this a while back. Given the range he is completing with here, you have to call down.

The only question is if he checks any street do you bet?

BeerMoney 10-21-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted a similar hand to this a while back. Given the range he is completing with here, you have to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remembered.

MRBAA 10-21-2005 12:07 PM

Always call. If he checks any street (except maybe the river) bet.

Jeffage 10-21-2005 12:22 PM

Actually this reminds me of a 10-20 hand I played at Taj a LONG time ago. I started with:

(6,6) 6

A few people limped, I limped and some loose guy raises with an Ace up. We ended up seeing 4th three ways.

Me: (6,6) 6 Q

Villian: (x,x) A A

Other Schmo: (x,x) J 7

Villian bet 20. Schmo calls. I raise (I figured villian was bad and wouldn't fold just aces here). Villian calls, schmo folds.

5th

Me (6,6) 6 Q 10

Villian (x,x) A A A

Ok, that sucks. He bet and I called. Look, I sucked then. But, looking back on it I figured he was bad enough that he would raise with three bigs on 3rd and obv keep firing. I just wasn't convinced he had a boat, guess you had to be there. He was shocked when I called.

6th

Hero: (6,6) 6 Q 10 Q

Villian: (x,x) A A A A

First and only time I'ver ever seen that. He bet and I folded.

RESULTS: He turns up K, 2 in the hole.

Jeff

PLOlover 10-21-2005 12:54 PM

Small pot, I let it go even if I'm not convinced he has it.