Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKs hits but really scary board, is this standard? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=220510)

_Kevin_ 03-26-2005 04:16 PM

AKs hits but really scary board, is this standard?

MP2 is sLA-A and MP3 is sLP-P.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

shark6 03-26-2005 04:42 PM

Re: AKs hits but really scary board, is this standard?

The only question I see here is to bet or not bet the river.

I think I would bet and call a raise. The only thing I think you have to be afraid of is someone having the T. A lot of two pair hands will checkraise you on this river, but your two pair is best. I'd call a river raise and hope to not see a flopped flush or T.

Chairman Wood 03-26-2005 04:45 PM

All good, except that I bet the river and call a raise unless its two back to me.

peachy 03-26-2005 04:45 PM

If its checked to me at this point...depending on the players...im betting with my top 2 pair (with anything else i might just check)...when a raise comes, then i decide if i call or fold depending on who raised...but im prolly gonna call...but thats just me. Checking is the safe way though

Chairman Wood 03-26-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking is the safe way...and probably what i SHOULD do

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think so? I think with these opponents there are so many hands that they could have that they will call with and you beat.

CallMeIshmael 03-26-2005 04:49 PM

What does everyone think of calling the flop, and re-evaluating on the turn?

peachy 03-26-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think so? I think with these opponents there are so many hands that they could have that they will call with and you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i said SHOULD as in safe...not what "I" do

_Kevin_ 03-26-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both players had VP$IP of 22-25%. These are not the any 2 will do type. How often do you think this is hand is good? If we assume both players will call 1 or 2 bets and would only raise if they beat me, I would need to be good 50% of the time (I win 2 if I bet and I'm ahead and I lose 2 if I bet and am reraised). I know this doesn't factor in everything (like 2 back to me or reraising when behind or folding to a bet). I lose to any 2 diamonds, any hand with a T (AT, KT, QT, JT or TT) and the only hands that will call that I beat (that will call) have a lower 2 pair. Because I have 2 hands, I would need to beat 70% of the possible hands (that would mean I'm likely ahead 50% of the time). I haven't worked through all the combinations but at first glance I'm guessing that is -EV.

Am I missing something fundamental?