Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   i actually did snap this time (posting for you swede...long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407869)

WLVRYN 12-30-2005 07:30 PM

Re: i actually did snap this time (posting for you swede...long)

[ QUOTE ]

i have a baseball in each of two cupholders in my car (so that they don't roll around)...

(they are major league baseballs and i wasn't leaving without them).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think enough attention has been paid to these comments. I understand having the baseballs in the cup holder so they dont roll around, but who the heck drives around with major league baseballs in their front seat? I played ball all through high school and little in college (over 18 team, not at Michgan), and I'm pretty sure that I wouldnt have a baseball in the front seat of my car (even when I was stretching my pitching fingers for a better splitter). Inquiring minds want to know.

bdk3clash 12-30-2005 07:32 PM

BTW of your three choices (speed up, slow down, or stay the course) this:
[ QUOTE ]
i decide to just stay course and resume speed

[/ QUOTE ]
is easily the worst.

MrTrik 12-30-2005 07:34 PM

You let him off too easy.

MonkeeMan 12-30-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kipin,

can you put the golden gate bridge in the background?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

tdarko 12-30-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think enough attention has been paid to these comments. I understand having the baseballs in the cup holder so they dont roll around, but who the heck drives around with major league baseballs in their front seat? I played ball all through high school and little in college (over 18 team, not at Michgan), and I'm pretty sure that I wouldnt have a baseball in the front seat of my car (even when I was stretching my pitching fingers for a better splitter). Inquiring minds want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]
its my offseason and i long-toss 5 days a week (the other two are my bullpens) so i keep two baseballs in my car for when i play catch and i drive to go and throw so make sure i have baseballs in my car.

i understand your question and why it sounds weird though.

Alobar 12-30-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmbt,

In all seriousness, that was one of the craziest episodes I ever witnessed. It was like an entire city block of cars and people were all just sitting there watching, stunned.

[/ QUOTE ]

that reminds me of a video I saw posted on here once, I think it was from vegas, where this cracked out pimp just literally destroys this car sitting at a red light with a baseball bat, the person was pinned in behind traffic and couldnt do anything but sit there. I searched for it but to no avail [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[censored] 12-30-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

Back when that happened ('96 maybe), Buckhead was mainly a white fratboy type hangout area and stuff like this was definitely WAY out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there late 96 - 97 and then again in 2000 and there was a huge change. But also I remember during 96-97 that Friday night was a much softer, preppier and frankly white looking crowd but that Saturday nights brought a much harder,gangster oriented crowd that basically scared the [censored] out of me whenever I was there.

In 2000 it was much much worse, to the point I really made sure not to be out in the streets as much as possible.

tdarko 12-30-2005 07:47 PM

first your post is legitimate and so i will respond.

i didn't tap on the breaks b/c he was so close that tapping the breaks would surely cause an accident...i mean him just switching lanes hit my car, why do you think breaking would be optimal?

out of my three choices:

increasing speed- he is in the wrong so why adhere to him and help him out? i am already speeding so why go even faster? what if i pass a cop going 60?

tap the breaks- this will cause a wreck, he is too close.

stay the course- if there is a wreck its caused by him and i will stay passive as to try and keep this situation as safe as possible.

i think this was correct IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, especially if he pulls out a gun. sometimes we do outlandish things when we snap but sometimes people need their [censored] neck broken too, there is a gray area and i am still not sure where today fits but i know that you can't make a habit of doing these things and if i weren't in an area in plano, texas (even though he acted like trash) where the average home is over 1 million dollars then i might not have done something like this. i know thats not proper justification because a guy can retaliate anywhere but i am just telling you my thoughts at the time is all.

mostsmooth 12-30-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a black guy in a truck behind him i notice has his jaw dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you feel the need to tell us he was black?

<font color="white">I am totally kidding. Nice story. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
and in a truck?

MonkeeMan 12-30-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a black guy in a truck behind him i notice has his jaw dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you feel the need to tell us he was black?

<font color="white">I am totally kidding. Nice story. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
and in a truck?

[/ QUOTE ]

and a guy?

tdarko 12-30-2005 08:23 PM

and that he had a jaw?

Stuey 12-30-2005 08:33 PM

I have only gotten so mad that I forgot the details of what happened once in my entire life. And someone got hurt pretty bad. I felt ill after and I try my hardest never to get that mad again.

It does not scare you? You seem proud of it. One day you run into a guy that gets out of the truck and you could end up in ass pounding federal prison.

I do like what you did though but that is only becasue I don't really care if you end up in prison.

tdarko 12-30-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have only gotten so mad that I forgot the details of what happened once in my entire life. And someone got hurt pretty bad. I felt ill after and I try my hardest never to get that mad again.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup. i bet when you were hurting that person it felt like 3 seconds huh? when really it was a lot longer. i know what you mean and no matter what you think of the post i was actually in control of my emotions...now my actions could have sparked the guy into a rage into where he couldn't control his emotions and thats where i was wrong, but as far as me personally, i was cool. if i wasn't i would have got out of my car.
[ QUOTE ]
One day you run into a guy that gets out of the truck and you could end up in ass pounding federal prison.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't know if quite understand what you mean by this. do you mean i will snap and hurt someone and go to prison or a person will get out of there car and put an ass pounding on me? either way you have a point and in another post in this thread i made it clear that i wasn't proud of it, it still doesn't mean that people should go around acting like bullies either...like i said life can be a gray area.

[ QUOTE ]
but that is only becasue I don't really care if you end up in prison.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry you feel this way.

mjohnson406 12-30-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CD's
Matisyahu- live at stubbs

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent choice. Too bad you didn't hit him in between the eyes

Ulysses 12-30-2005 09:20 PM

tdarko,

One time I knew this guy. He was a special forces guy. He was at a bar one time and these guys were messing w/ him and his wife. I think maybe they were hitting on his wife, I don't remember exactly. Anyway, he started to snap but then he calmed down and just decided to get out of there. But then they followed him outside and started messing with him and then he just snapped when a guy attacked him and in defending himself he killed the guy. Because of his training, he got a long sentence. To make matters worse, when he was finally paroled, the plane he was on was hijacked by some criminals and that turned into a real pain in the ass situation as well. Worked out OK in the end, though.

Riskwise 12-30-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(this was an easy throw for me since i am left-handed BTW)

[/ QUOTE ]

im not calling you weak or anything cause i've only seen this in movies, but wouldn't the window break for sure with a ball as hard as the average person can throw it?

before you said you were left handed i laughed so hard thinking how dumb you would look throwing right handed out your right window, especially when it hardly reaches his window.

coffeecrazy1 12-30-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

One time I knew this guy. He was a special forces guy. He was at a bar one time and these guys were messing w/ him and his wife. I think maybe they were hitting on his wife, I don't remember exactly. Anyway, he started to snap but then he calmed down and just decided to get out of there. But then they followed him outside and started messing with him and then he just snapped when a guy attacked him and in defending himself he killed the guy. Because of his training, he got a long sentence. To make matters worse, when he was finally paroled, the plane he was on was hijacked by some criminals and that turned into a real pain in the ass situation as well. Worked out OK in the end, though.

[/ QUOTE ] nh

tdarko 12-30-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nh

[/ QUOTE ]
even if it was one of those grandfather tales that didn't really happen but told for the lesson.

Ulysses 12-30-2005 09:47 PM

darko,

Wrong.

tdarko 12-30-2005 09:51 PM

el d,

i believe you.

B Dids 12-30-2005 09:52 PM

I believe that there was one of those "ripped from the headlines" movies about it. David Chapelle had a bit part.

HopeydaFish 12-30-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty surprised at all the back-patting you're getting on this one. This guy may or may not have committed some minor moving violations, and fled from the scene of an "accident" (with no visible damage), but your actions were well beyond a reasonable (or, I'm guessing, legal) response. You're lucky you didn't end up in jail for assault or worse or get into a conflict for which your baseballs might not have been adequate protection.

FWIW tapping on the brakes when someone's tailgating you and you can't switch lanes isn't a dick move--I always thought it was pretty standard. (Sometimes tailgaters just don't realize how close they are or that you can't switch lanes at the moment or expect you to speed up or whatever.) A quick tap on the brakes and almost all of the time they'll get the message, brake a bit, and let you pass into the other lane.

Slamming on your brakes and making the tailgater brake hard is a dick move. Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a nice view up there on your pedestal?

B Dids 12-30-2005 10:56 PM

btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.

tdarko 12-31-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually he hit my car. i didn't do anything until the hit &amp; run and refusal to confront the situation which was his fault. usually i agree with you on everything dids but i couldn't really do much, i was driving on a street and the guy hit me and drove off...and i wanted to assess the situation and he didn't so i got pissed. thats basically the tl;dr version of it.

throwing something may be an overreaction but "gross" is an exaggeration IMO.

Ass Master 12-31-2005 01:46 AM

Not necessarily. Windows installed in cars are quite a bit tougher than e.g. standard house windows.

12-31-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Windows installed in cars are quite a bit tougher than e.g. standard house windows.

[/ QUOTE ]
my senior year of high school i worked at a shop that installed car stereo's and it also tinted windows...a window in a home isn't even the same glass as one in a car.

you see windows breaking from foulballs at baseball games but that is different, they are coming from the sky, picking up speed at impact. i doubt anyone would be able to break a car window while sitting in a drivers seat throwing across a lane to another car.

FYI: the best way to break a car window is to take porcelein (you can find it on some engine parts) and take a hammer and crush it until its a powder. then pinch the powder till it feels "tight" in your fingers, then tap/strike that glass...it will cobwebb the glass...this is what the best car thiefs do b/c its quiet, clean and quick.