Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I got berated at the table for this...... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239524)

PokerBob 04-25-2005 08:08 PM

I got berated at the table for this......

....care to join in?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps!!!!!!!</font>

mungpo 04-25-2005 08:12 PM

Re: I got berated at the table for this......

I wouldn't make this call preflop and would call his 3-bet.

TStoneMBD 04-25-2005 08:16 PM

preflop is good if they are fish.

flop is a megaeasy cap.

RollingRockMike 04-25-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....care to join in?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps!!!!!!!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
You should probably fold preflop but flop play is fairly standard.

Mike

nut case ace 04-25-2005 08:23 PM

I think this is a fine play. you might just call the third bet and wait to see if you improve on the turn. Your opponent's 3rd bet means that he's probably got the goods and will at least call you down unless he's on a draw, but unless you have some reads on this guy, he's got a hand. I personally like this play more when you dont have top pair because that way when the other person is betting a better top pair, you are actually ahead by a bit. In this case, if he has A7, that kills 3 of your outs and you're behind. Anyway, the play is fine and you're still ahead of an overpair. The decision between calling the 3-bet and capping really depends on your read on this guy and what you want your table image to be.

festis_jr 04-25-2005 08:24 PM

I wouldnt call preflop but postflop play is alright...

PokerBob 04-25-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The decision between calling the 3-bet and capping really depends on your read on this guy and what you want your table image to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not capping here is awful, regardless of read.

chief444 04-25-2005 08:41 PM

I see you're loosening up some preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice hand.

nut case ace 04-25-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The decision between calling the 3-bet and capping really depends on your read on this guy and what you want your table image to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not capping here is awful, regardless of read.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so if you knew this guy was a total rock and would only 3-bet like this with a straight or a set, you'd still cap?

purnell 04-25-2005 08:48 PM

The preflop call is not always terrible, it depends on the nature of your opponents. Good play postflop, without question. If you win the pot at showdown and villain berates you, don't educate him. My favorite response is "What's a flop?" (or turn, or check-raise, or whatever).