Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How high can you go? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=145742)

warewulf 11-06-2004 05:16 PM

How high can you go?

I'm curious -- how high can you stack chips? I would think Chipco's would go the highest. I plan on trying this when I get my suits chips.

Anyone with a bunch of chips and a digital camera?

warewulf

TenPercenter 11-06-2004 10:16 PM

Re: How high can you go?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious -- how high can you stack chips? I would think Chipco's would go the highest. I plan on trying this when I get my suits chips.

Anyone with a bunch of chips and a digital camera?

warewulf

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you challenge me when I actually HAD over 7,000 chipcos on my dining table? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ten

(nevermind, what a mess that would have been, with OTHER people's chips, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

skcubrats 11-07-2004 10:08 AM

Like everything--it depends. How level and stable your table is. The padding would have an effect also. Slickness of the chips can also be a factor. One player in our game does a single stack and it gets up to 50 or so.

warewulf 11-07-2004 03:04 PM

Forget about the table! Stack on concrete for more stability! I just want to see how high it can go. Ten - yeah that would've be one hell of a stack! How many chips did you have when you got all those in? I still think Chipcos will go higher than any other.

warewulf

TenPercenter 11-07-2004 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget about the table! Stack on concrete for more stability! I just want to see how high it can go. Ten - yeah that would've be one hell of a stack! How many chips did you have when you got all those in? I still think Chipcos will go higher than any other.

warewulf

[/ QUOTE ]

I had 7,205 at one time. It was quite an accomplishment of my table to support all those chips. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] How many pounds is 7,205 times 10 grams each, plus 75 chip racks? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chipcos would be the best to stack. When they are brand new, they have a slight grittiness that makes them not PERFECTLY flat, but after a small bit of use, they feel as flat as little ceramic discs. (Oh wait, that's what they are...)

Ten

MickeyHoldem 11-08-2004 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many pounds is 7,205 times 10 grams each, plus 75 chip racks?

[/ QUOTE ]

7205x10grams + 75x150grams = 83300grams or 83.3kg
83.3kg x 2.2 = ~183lbs

Don't drop that box on you toe!

warewulf 11-08-2004 03:13 PM

Wow! That must have been fun having all those chips. A pain to have to ship out, but still cool!

warewulf

TenPercenter 11-09-2004 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow! That must have been fun having all those chips. A pain to have to ship out, but still cool!

warewulf

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmitive on both counts. I'm talking with members, we are planning to add some new denoms and make another order.

Ten

FastFrank 11-09-2004 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Affirmitive on both counts. I'm talking with members, we are planning to add some new denoms and make another order.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

When you re-order, I'm interested. Those chips are awesome!

Frank

TenPercenter 11-09-2004 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

When you re-order, I'm interested. Those chips are awesome!

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

franks Thank. I will post infor when we do it.

Ten