Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What is PokerRoom 10/20 5-max like? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405302)

StellarWind 12-26-2005 07:10 AM

What is PokerRoom 10/20 5-max like?

I'm considering opening an account on the PokerRoom network. I understand that they offer 5-max.

1. Are the 10/20 games good?

2. What are the game availability and game selection like?

3. I don't know much about this network. What else should I know?

imported_Jim C 12-26-2005 01:42 PM

Re: What is PokerRoom 10/20 5-max like?

1. The games are excellent.
2. The game selection is very poor (there are very few games, but there are incredibly bad players in all of them).
3. I don't care for the software, but I'm used to the Party software I guess.

I just did about 5k hands at this game and its at least as good as Party. Usually can't get in more than 2 tables though.

FWIW,
Jim

imitation 12-26-2005 02:22 PM

I would say it is hit and miss, with table selection I certainly wouldn't consider it remotely close to the party games. I played all 4 tables of the 5/10 that where going last month alot, they could be good, ie someone rand $50 up to $200 playing 2/4 and sat down maybe there'd be a few of them, or they were full of same multitablers. I played the 10/20s occasionally but never found them to be good at all, though i only probably put in less than 2k hands at them.

You should know the rake is ridiculous at lower limits, I'm sure even at 5/10 it was high.

I can guess why you might be moving there and I wonder if a few more might move in on that deal in the not too distant future.

12-26-2005 03:20 PM

the game selection is hit or miss imo. i found the best time to play there is during the daytime hours (i'm on the east coast). there are usually only from 1-3 (maybe 4) games to choose from. one problem i've found is that you'll occassionally run into a v. good TAG, and he's usually on ALL the tables to choose from, so the fish/tag ratio is cut down some (2:3 at 5max instead of 2:4 at 6max). hope this helps.

- happy holidays.

kenberman 12-26-2005 06:28 PM

I just opened an account, and have been playing 5/10.

my comments:

the software can be pretty bad. tables dissapearing, stuff like that. the graphics on the tables are terribly distracting, and even with a table mod I find the action hard to follow.

PT support is good, although it requires a bit of 1 time setup. ditto for the table mod.

all the 5/10 games I've played in have been pretty good. lots of vpip >35 types.
overall: meh. I may leave after I get done the depsoit bonus.

12-26-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the software can be pretty bad. tables dissapearing, stuff like that. the graphics on the tables are terribly distracting, and even with a table mod I find the action hard to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i definitely agree here. the waiting list effing blows... you get like 10 seconds to sit down before the next person on the lists gets a shot. i've had some weird disconnects where i'll only get back on 3 out of 4 tables.

i'm probably not staying there much longer either.

imitation 12-26-2005 07:52 PM

Oh yeh i forgot about the software, 4 tables was maximum on my dell 9300 laptop, and I often had lag or timing out problems it was very very frustrating with PA-hud turned on which seems to only worsten the problem at this site. Software was awful awful now that I remember it and added even more to my frustrations at the time.

Zele 12-26-2005 08:50 PM

Indeed, look closely at the rake. Over the hands I played, pokerroom + rakeback was just about a wash versus party without. Reminded me of my old Italian/Jewish friend who'd joke that he'd steal your stereo and sell it back to you.

Alex/Mugaaz 12-26-2005 08:55 PM

Games are loose and pretty good.
Rake is high.
Fair amount of games, but definitely not enough.

12-26-2005 09:13 PM

"Over the hands I played, pokerroom + rakeback was just about a wash versus party without."

So your saying that even with rakeback you are still paying the same amount of rake that you would playing PP? Yikes, I knew it was bad, but I didnt know it was that bad.