Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   reverse slowroll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384488)

dark_horse 11-24-2005 06:44 AM

reverse slowroll

live 10/20 borgata, i check-call some old guy's river bet, and before he turns his cards over, he tokes the dealer a white chip. is this bad form? is it -EV to say something?

private joker 11-24-2005 07:26 AM

Re: reverse slowroll

[ QUOTE ]
live 10/20 borgata, i check-call some old guy's river bet, and before he turns his cards over, he tokes the dealer a white chip. is this bad form? is it -EV to say something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this move. I've started tipping the dealer on the turn when I know I've got the winner. Actually, I really only do this when my opponent is a jerk and I want to pwn him in front of the rest of the table. Also, if I fear they will fold the turn, tipping the dealer and saying "thanks" gets them so curious/riled up that they call down an extra 2 BBs just to see what I was so confident about.

11-24-2005 11:22 AM

Were you upset that you were beat? That the old man definitely knew you were beat? I am not saying anything, although thats primarily because the old people live usually don't have much of a clue. So either he didn't know what he was doing OR he is very aware of how good his hand is. He didn't flip up TPGK did he?

cardcounter0 11-24-2005 12:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I now have a new move for the dark-glasses-wearing, hooded, WPT wanna-bees. Hahahaha! You don't see the dealer getting toked on TV. After a couple of tip-the-dealer-on-the-turn-with-the-nutz moves, I wonder how many times I can tip-the-dealer-on-turn-with-nothing? WooooHoooooo!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AngusThermopyle 11-24-2005 12:11 PM

I now have a new move for the dark-glasses-wearing,

Not "new". Been around awhile, predating iPod/Oakley/XXXL.
Fun part is when the early tipper looses. Most have enough class not to ask for the tip back.

shant 11-24-2005 01:42 PM

Tipping the dealer on the flop is even more advanced.

RitmoEnElCaos 11-24-2005 07:06 PM

Saw a guy at the Wynn last night actually reach over and grab the opponent's calling river bet before turning up his cards. Punchline is that he lost the hand trips to sucker straight and had to give the bet back. It was pretty funny and nobody seemed upset by it... apparently he had misread his hand. Still terrible form if you ask me, and I'd be pissed even if he had the nuts.

-Ritmo

nothumb 11-24-2005 07:34 PM

When I'm running cold I like to tip the dealer as soon as I get a pair or 20. Especially if the game sucks.

NT

radek2166 11-24-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Meep do this and say hello tilt! was funny [censored]