Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Soda or Pop ??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406952)

TomBrooks 12-29-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Soda or Pop ???

Around here, and I think in most of North America, just about everybody calls gelatin dessert Jell-O, although Jell-O is just a trademarked brand owned by Kraft Foods. They own most of the gelatin dessert market in this area though - I can't even think of one competing brand.

12-29-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Around here, and I think in most of North America, just about everybody calls gelatin dessert Jell-O, although Jell-O is just a trademarked brand owned by Kraft Foods. They own most of the gelatin dessert market in this area though - I can't even think of one competing brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats great since we are talkin about pop and soda [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Grisgra 12-29-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IWPFYV

Hey, I like it.

Matt Williams 12-29-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen Mr. Pibb sold above, say, Georgia. They certainly do not sell it in the NY/NJ area. The few times I've had it I've enjoyed it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they do. Shop-rite and Quik-Chek carry it, but not the 7-11. I have 2 bottles of Mr. Pibb in my fridge.

12-29-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whelp, not entirely but yes, they are both a Coca Cola brand but Mr Pibb has a more "cherry" flavor so they say...

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. Pepper is not a Coca Cola brand.

xorbie 12-29-2005 11:56 PM

i was surprised people actually called it pop when i got down here. seems like all my st louis area friends call it soda, which is what everyone from the northeast says as well.

IggyWH 12-30-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and it's not a bubbler. Nor is it a water fountain. It is a drinking fountain, please spread the goddamn word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid me, when my boys called me tonight and asked if I wanted to go out drinking, I thought they meant going to a bar....

uw_madtown 12-30-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and it's not a bubbler. Nor is it a water fountain. It is a drinking fountain, please spread the goddamn word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid me, when my boys called me tonight and asked if I wanted to go out drinking, I thought they meant going to a bar....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they ask you if you wanted to go out to a drinking fountain?

tdarko 12-30-2005 12:42 AM

last summer in mexico i asked for a Fresca and the mexicano's laughed at me and told me "they wished."

"fresca" is slang for "lesbians" in spanish.

astroglide 12-30-2005 04:12 AM

i never see fresca anywhere but the grocery store. is it common where you live or something? like, in restaurants?