Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Singapore? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278025)

KaneKungFu123 06-22-2005 03:57 AM

Singapore?

Im doing a visa run in Singapore with the girlfriend for 4 days and was curious if anyone has lived there, traveled there before. The hotels are pretty expensive, looks like I am going to take the Holiday Inn Parkview for $100+/night. My airplane is only $20 there. Any other recommendations?

Plan to do chinatown and the indian neighborhood, along with the underground marine world on the island, want to take a cable car over.

its hard to see past the glowing lights set up for tourists over only a few days...

mmcd 06-22-2005 04:02 AM

Re: Singapore?

Be sure to vandalize some parked cars while you are there.

KaneKungFu123 06-22-2005 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Be sure to vandalize some parked cars while you are there.

[/ QUOTE ]
why would i do that?

Chairman Wood 06-22-2005 04:12 AM

To get a caneing?

KaneKungFu123 06-22-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To get a caneing?

[/ QUOTE ]

On vacation?

Brainwalter 06-22-2005 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My airplane is only $20 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.

Diplomat 06-22-2005 09:00 AM

Excellent way to extend your stay.

Indefinitely.

Didn't you say you wanted new citizenship? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Diplomat

junkmail3 06-22-2005 10:38 AM

I've been there.

Try finding a YMCA there, they are pretty cheap, and they are just hotels, it's odd, but that's where we stayed. The rooms were decent. All you would need really. Beds, no double/queen, but you can push two together. TV. Shower. Toilet. Breakfast. Elevators. Air Con. And there is no gym or anything like that. So, I don't know what the deal is, but it's just a hotel.

Website
Rooms are S$90 = 58 USD

Oh, and take a cab or subway everywhere. Cheap and safe.

If you want to go to the beach, go to malaysa. Singapore is known for horrible beaches. (and that little resort island they have sucks bad.)

Alcohol is really expensive. $20 for a six pack. $8/beer at a bar, etc.

KaneKungFu123 06-22-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My airplane is only $20 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.airasia.com

KaneKungFu123 06-22-2005 11:24 AM

I think I am switching to the Roberston Quay at $60/night after all the taxes they add on. it has a nice looking pool in-room broadband at god knows what cost.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been there.

Try finding a YMCA there, they are pretty cheap, and they are just hotels, it's odd, but that's where we stayed. The rooms were decent. All you would need really. Beds, no double/queen, but you can push two together. TV. Shower. Toilet. Breakfast. Elevators. Air Con. And there is no gym or anything like that. So, I don't know what the deal is, but it's just a hotel.

Website
Rooms are S$90 = 58 USD

Oh, and take a cab or subway everywhere. Cheap and safe.

If you want to go to the beach, go to malaysa. Singapore is known for horrible beaches. (and that little resort island they have sucks bad.)

Alcohol is really expensive. $20 for a six pack. $8/beer at a bar, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]