Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Does anyone else hope to get bad hands right before the break? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376766)

Toddy 11-11-2005 11:57 PM

Does anyone else hope to get bad hands right before the break?

Is it just me or when there's 1 or 2 mins til break do you not want to get a playable hand? I can't say how many times I go out right before the break because I get AK or something.

Matador225 11-11-2005 11:58 PM

Re: Does anyone else hope to get bad hands right before the break?

I know what you mean but I'll take aces whenever I can get them.

I'll still gladly take TT,JJ or AK but you bust with them much more often.

Toddy 11-12-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean but I'll take aces whenever I can get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will too! It was just (within 1 minute).. I swear i was tihnking, "i don't want a hand" i look and and see AhKh.. I raise and get raised all in. I think about it and call. He has JJ.. First card out Jack.. I go out.. Right after hand its break.

11-12-2005 12:00 AM

Those are my thoughts the first few hands of a tournament. I need time to get situated and feel at home at the table first. It really sucks to lose with AA or KK on the first hand. Usually by the break I am hopeing to get some good hands to make up for all the donks I had to endure up until that point.

11-12-2005 12:05 AM

I don't really care if I bust before the break on AK or QQ or something, because it's not like there's any reward for getting to the break.. and just as I'm typing this I lose a decent size pot with A-Q approaching the break..

Toddy 11-12-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care if I bust before the break on AK or QQ or something, because it's not like there's any reward for getting to the break.. and just as I'm typing this I lose a decent size pot with A-Q approaching the break..

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Yuv 11-12-2005 12:13 AM

I don't care about breaks late in tournies or in regular tournies, but I do hate getting AJ/AQ/77-1010 before the end of the first break in a rebuy, when I have a decent stack.

tek 11-12-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care if I bust before the break

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players feel the opposite, so it's easy to steal before each break.

11-12-2005 02:57 PM

I would rather get a good hand and go bust before break then right after, feels like i got cheated out of 5 minutes of my life otherwise.

Pasterbator 11-12-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about breaks late in tournies or in regular tournies, but I do hate getting AJ/AQ/77-1010 before the end of the first break in a rebuy, when I have a decent stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the exact same way. In the last couple minutes of the rebuy period, im usually comfortable with my stack. But when i see 10 10 i get very uncomfortable (i usually limp it and play it for a set.) Nothing more.