Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3-5 handed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402042)

therockofgibraltar 12-20-2005 01:35 PM

3-5 handed?

Started clearing Eurobets $600 bonus but noticed that their shorthanded tables are 5 max! And almost always the tables break down and it really is 3-4 handed. ANy tips how to play? I find myself raising really thin and so far it is not working.

Today I had -60BB session. Maybe I should move back to party where there are at least 6 players in the table!

bnorthro 12-20-2005 01:41 PM

Re: 3-5 handed?

I had the same experience there. I was never really able to get into a groove, and that combined with the aweful rake gave me about a 12k breakeven stretch clearing various PokerRoom bonuses.

I also found that you can nearly never steal the blinds. They always call, no matter what. Towards the end I started dropping my Ax type hands because I just felt like I was spewing. It probably wouldn't be a huge mistake to limp with these types of hands if the blinds are loose and will pay you off if an A hits, but you can get away from it otherwise.

One sweet option with their software is the "Classify Player" option. I did this a ton and it was real easy to spot good tables because the colored dot shows up on the main menu.

GL

12-20-2005 02:04 PM

I was playing 5/m at pokerroom, and the variance is higher. You will have to be more aggressive, but the standard player-specific defaults apply. For example, aggression work well against an opponant who is still playing "fit or fold." You have to wait for better hands with overly aggro players.

therockofgibraltar 12-20-2005 02:44 PM

I don't know exactly but lets assume that one player was always missing (thats how I remember it). So there are 4 players playing. Is 27/20 too aggro in 2/4? These number are my current stats in Eurobet. Postflop is: 2.8 / 2.9 / 1.8

Sample size is ridiculous small ~500. I have a feeling I ws loosing due to bad luck BUT just wanted to make sure are those number too agg??

bnorthro 12-20-2005 02:49 PM

I'm at work right now, but those numbers looked about like mine did. I spewed a lot 3 handed, so I just started leaving when it got that short. I also ran pretty bad there, a TON of suckouts on the river...oh well, what can you do.

oxymoron 12-20-2005 02:57 PM

Ditto for sucking there as well. Stupid river. I kinda started pussing out though so I've returned to Party for a little to remind myself what it's like to win.

TomBrooks 12-20-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aggression work well against an opponant who is still playing "fit or fold." You have to wait for better hands with overly aggro players.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does 'fit or fold' mean?

bnorthro 12-20-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ditto for sucking there as well. Stupid river. I kinda started pussing out though so I've returned to Party for a little to remind myself what it's like to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

Also, after looking at my PT stats and realizing I would have been about 1BB/100 at PStars vs. -.5BB/100 at Pokeroom due to Rake, I didn't feel quite so bad.

therockofgibraltar 12-20-2005 03:02 PM

I am with you guys! I must have lost ~90 % from that -60BB to suckouts on river! Whats wrong with this site [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Zele 12-20-2005 03:08 PM

Pretend you're playing 6m and the EP's have folded.