Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Iraq (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403184)

John Hurst 12-22-2005 12:59 AM

(OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Iraq

So I got my Christmas gift from the Bush Administration today. I am being called up from the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR) list to report for active duty training on January 16th and most likely eventual deployment to Iraq. There is still potential that I might not get assigned to a unit but I am going on the assumption that I am deploying. To answer questions I served 5 years as a lieutenant/captain from 1999-2003 and had 5 months remaining on the IRR list until my service was complete(bad beat). Will definitely be a lifestyle adjustment but I accepted the free education and these are the costs. I will of course keep the forum updated as possible.

Jman28 12-22-2005 01:01 AM

Re: (OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Ir

Wow. Tough beat man. Best of luck, and if you do go, you will no doubt be the best STT player in Iraq.

johnnybeef 12-22-2005 01:01 AM

Good luck dude. If you in fact have to go over, I do have some potentially good news; My boy just got back from being over for a year, and he said that all he ever did was "[censored] around on the internet."

wuwei 12-22-2005 01:09 AM

Take care of yourself, man, and definitely keep us updated when possible.

SlackerMcFly 12-22-2005 01:20 AM

Re: (OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Iraq

John - Thank you for your service to our country!

I'm even more impressed with you now knowing that you have been (and will be) on the job helping to protect the world's freedoms and liberty. Good for you.

Be proud, stand strong. Americans are partial to excellent soldiers and I'm sure that you are both an American and an excellent soldier.

Slacker

GtrHtr 12-22-2005 02:52 AM

Re: (OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
So I got my Christmas gift from the Bush Administration today. I am being called up from the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR) list to report for active duty training on January 16th and most likely eventual deployment to Iraq. There is still potential that I might not get assigned to a unit but I am going on the assumption that I am deploying. To answer questions I served 5 years as a lieutenant/captain from 1999-2003 and had 5 months remaining on the IRR list until my service was complete(bad beat). Will definitely be a lifestyle adjustment but I accepted the free education and these are the costs. I will of course keep the forum updated as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

This is what you get for not posting more. It will seriously hurt your bankroll because officers can't (shouldn't) take money from Joe.

Anyway, the time away will only be bad at first, I think you'll find it somewhat fulfilling if you get to go "out." If you get assigned a computer, time will go by slooooowly. You'll have the internet but you won't be surfing 2+2.

PM me with your branch (not that it matters much anymore) and any other information and I'll see what I can find out. I'll pm you my phone number and I can offer advice, options and insight. I'm an 18+ year man, Infantry Officer, Airborne Ranger extraordinaire, many tours in the 82d, tours in places you are likely to go...etc. You're gonna have so much fun!!! jk.

Gtr

PS only the donks get killed.

vqchuang 12-22-2005 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never post here, only lurk
But
for u
Good luck sir and I wish u the best.

Mr_J 12-22-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm even more impressed with you now knowing that you have been (and will be) on the job helping to protect the world's freedoms and liberty. Good for you.

Be proud, stand strong. Americans are partial to excellent soldiers and I'm sure that you are both an American and an excellent soldier.

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

This nearly made me throw up...

GL to OP.

12-22-2005 03:38 AM

I echo most everyone else's sentiments.

Thank you and God bless.

bennies 12-22-2005 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

This nearly made me throw up...

GL to OP.

[/ QUOTE ]