Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Auto fold program (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330813)

09-06-2005 01:05 PM

Auto fold program

Is there a Auto fold program?
I play a lot of low-limit holdem, the biggest problem is that I have to observe the game all the time. I need a program that can fold the hands I don't want to play, and notice me with a sound when a playable hand comes.

excession 09-06-2005 01:08 PM

Re: Auto fold program

Too close to a bot I'm afraid - it would get you banned.

09-06-2005 01:18 PM

Are you sure?
It is not a bot, it is just a program that fold the hands I usually would fold..

KramerTM 09-06-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure?
It is not a bot, it is just a program that fold the hands I usually would fold..

[/ QUOTE ]

And a bot is a program that plays hands the way you would normally play hands, right?

09-06-2005 01:39 PM

This type of program is definitely banned at a lot of sites because it falls under the "autoplay" category.

KramerTM 09-06-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This type of program is definitely banned at a lot of sites because it falls under the "autoplay" category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the record...

Not that they'd catch you though. More a question of personal ethics.

09-06-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the record...

Not that they'd catch you though. More a question of personal ethics.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I personally don't have a problem with an autofolder.

09-06-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I personally don't have a problem with an autofolder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what is the name of it...

YoureToast 09-06-2005 02:14 PM

I created one and it worked pretty well, but it basically useless at limits above 5/10 and maybe below. The problem is that you should consider stealing with just about anything against the right kind of players from late position. I just wasn't interested in the added element of "not folding" when you have a stealing opportunity. Although it may seem like a great idea, its not quite as helpful as you'd imagine, because 1/5 of the time (at a 10-handed table) you're in a blind.

09-06-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And a bot is a program that plays hands the way you would normally play hands, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not really. I don't think that a program can be a better player than a good human player. But a program can help a human player. Like Poker Office, or the countless programs who calculate odds.
I would say that a bot is a program that played the entire hand, not just folding preflop.