Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   EAGLES -4.5 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179014)

mr pink 01-18-2005 12:23 AM

EAGLES -4.5

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?//??/

i challenge somebody to explain why i shouldn't be putting a quarter on this

peace - jeff

CCx 01-18-2005 12:26 AM

Re: EAGLES -4.5

way ahead of you Jeff, good luck to us both!

MicroBob 01-18-2005 12:36 AM

i like ATL.

I think the game will be reasonably close.

ATL is much better than MIN. I anticipate a very good game.

CCx 01-18-2005 12:42 AM

this must be some North vs. South type sh!t... i havent heard many people from south of the ol' mason dixon shoutin' about the eagles, and vice versa from up here...we'll see, but about the only time this game will be close is when it's 0-0 - birds all the way again this week!

MicroBob 01-18-2005 01:59 AM

Sorry...i have no special affinity for the south or for Atlanta.

I've only been living in Memphis for 2 years and very quickly stick out as an outsider since I don't talk as the locals do.

"you ain't frum arownd hear....are yoo-oo??" (somehow the southern accent takes a single syllable word like "you" and turns it into two syllables).

Anyway...all Philly trash-taking aside....I forecast a reasonably competitive battle in this one.

Jibbs 01-18-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
birds all the way again this week!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to bet any amount of money that a team with a bird mascot WILL win this game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW. "I call the big one bitey" is probably one of my favorite Homerism's of all time. Very Nice.

JupiterUWG 01-18-2005 12:28 PM

i'd have trouble betting against the falcons simply because their ability to keep it close is impressive considering vick's ability to change the game with one play. If betting on philly, i'd buy it down to 2.5

Waterproof 01-18-2005 12:40 PM

No action yet... Leaning on the over... waiting on weather and other insights [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i challenge somebody to explain why i shouldn't be putting a quarter on this

[/ QUOTE ]

The Falcons faced the easiest schedule of any playoff team. But Atlanta boasts the NFC’s most impressive record against top competition. In fact, Atlanta’s point differential against quality opponents is better than its point differential against all opponents.

The Eagles faced just three quality opponents all season. They were hammered by Pittsburgh (15-1), squeaked by Baltimore (9-7) by five points and crushed Green Bay (10-6), which is no great accomplishment.

Easy E 01-18-2005 12:40 PM

Is this another 81-point star bet?

or whatever you called the Eagles games last week?

CCx 01-18-2005 12:49 PM

Re: Is this another 81-point star bet?

[ QUOTE ]
or whatever you called the Eagles games last week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, that was a one time only play, it was the play of the millenium! (actually, the Eagles/Dallas Monday night game and the Jets/Dolphins Monday night games from this year were true plays of the millenium)

This is just a plain old solid pick [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]