Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   PS $27 turbos = PP $? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406102)

jmillerdls 12-27-2005 07:21 PM

PS $27 turbos = PP $?

With PS's VPP program coming out, I am seriously considering jumping ship from Party. I currently play the $22's on Party with about a 15% ROI after crushing the $11's.

What I am wanting to know is whether a $22 player on Party can win at the $27 turbos on Stars. I hear the players are better over there, but the structure, while a quite different, seems to still come down to PushBot strategy, which I feel very comfortable with.

I have played a limited amount on Stars, but obviously prefer the customer service, and software over Party. However, the ability to get cash R*k*b*c* from Party is certainly nice. No cash from Stars, but I can see similar value in Stars program. So..any information is welcome.

11t 12-27-2005 07:25 PM

Re: PS $27 turbos = PP $?

I have played the 16's and the 27's pretty extensively with moderate success. I would say the deeper stacks early on can be a hassle if you are a straight forward 800 chipper. Of course, pushbot works perfectly fine.

Honestly, I think the fact that you are putting 25 into the pool and only paying 2 to the house in some ways counts as a form of rakeback. Just my thought though.

jmillerdls 12-27-2005 07:29 PM

well that's certainly a point I hadn't really thought about. Thanks for mentioning that.

12-27-2005 08:26 PM

One thing I've always wondered, is why if a) PS has no rakeback, and b) PS has the toughest players (as is generally agreed) does PS continue to have the toughest players? Who are these people? Generally they aren't 2+2ers right? (as it certainly sounds like most of the hardcore members of this forum are at party) (do I use enough parentheses?)

Does the PS = tougher than PP maxim still hold at the $100/$200 levels, or at this point is it mostly just pros and wannabes beating each other up?

-confused in Colorado

Olback 12-27-2005 09:34 PM

Well i have yet to master the $27 on Stars but i have heard that the $16 and $27 and beatable. Apparently the $60 however and alot harder. Can anyone confirm that?

And you are right playign 80% rake compared to Party plus the VIP program must be better then rakeback on Party. (but i cannot be bothered to do the maths on it)

Degen 12-27-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well i have yet to master the $27 on Stars but i have heard that the $16 and $27 and beatable. Apparently the $60 however and alot harder. Can anyone confirm that?

And you are right playign 80% rake compared to Party plus the VIP program must be better then rakeback on Party. (but i cannot be bothered to do the maths on it)

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no rakeback on partypoker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Olback 12-27-2005 09:52 PM

Yeah i know, but people keep complaning that it is a bad idea and i was pointing that it is probabrly better then Party with RB (if you could get RB).

UMTerp 12-27-2005 10:06 PM

I think there's a much bigger skill difference between the $60's and $114's than the $27's to the $60's, though I guess it's a matter of opinion to some degree.

Olback 12-27-2005 10:23 PM

So the $60 are beatable?

12-27-2005 10:26 PM

I'm probably breakeven, and I have a ton of leaks (working out primarily at the $27s now).

God I wish I could learn how to get even the simplest point across w/o parentheses (probably says something about my disjointed thought process).